Questions About Moving And Multiple Cats

liz_grove

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi everyone. I'm new around here, so please forgive me if I've made any mistakes or faux paws (sorry for the pun, as well).

So I have one cat, and she is an "only child," but due to unavoidable financial circumstances, I may have to move back in with my family for a while. The problem is that there are already three cats in the house I may be moving into, and while my cat has been over there for visits, she never has a good time. We tried to introduce them slowly, but even so, my cat just walks around constantly hissing, even when the other cats aren't in the room. Is there a way to undo the negative context in my cat? Should we try introducing her again, but more slowly this time? Will she eventually just get used to the other cats being around? This cat is like a child to me, and I want to do everything in my power to keep her comfortable and happy, so any advice you may be able to give would be very appreciated.

All the best,
Liz

Elfilou

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

RufusGizmo

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I would try to make the introduction again, more slowly. I just moved my two older cats into a new home, and unexpectedly obtained two kittens at the same time. It has been over two months, and is still very stressful, although it is getting better. I suggest the Feliway spray as well, not sure how things would have gone otherwise but has seemed to help. Also, I know everyone has busy lives, but spending as much time with her when you can. Every time I feel like giving up, I just think of the words patience and time.