Questions about first indoor cat

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It’s been awhile since I had to deal with chewing. If I couldn’t put it away, I think I just wrapped it in a towel. Like toilet paper. Krista loved to shred toilet paper with her mouth. It was at least a year before I could leave a roll uncovered.

And I enjoy, encourage, and miss the counter surfing. She’s had a bit of a rough go in her senior years. So her countersurfing is one gauge of her health and activity for me. Much easier to wipe a counter down than to teach the cat not to go up there.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Resurrecting this older thread because I am officially adopting my new furry friend in about 2 weeks!
Oh, that's excellent news! Congratulations! :bouquet: We'll be expecting lots of pictures. :camera:

-What is your preferred spray for keeping kitty away from things like cords, furniture legs, etc?
-Should I have a cat tree on each floor?
-What are your tips for helping an adult cat (from the local shelter) adjust to a new home?
Wait and see what your cat is like. He/she may not bother with things like cords. My Ruby doesn't.

I don't think a cat tree is necessary on each floor, but in front of a window with a "view" is a great location.

This TCS article should help with your 3rd question: How To Help A New Cat Adjust To Your Home – TheCatSite Articles

Don't know how to edit on this forum
Once you reach 5 days of membership (which you already have) and 20 posts (16 to go), you'll be able to edit your posts for 120 minutes after submitting them.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lindsay_314

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you everyone!
I have been a bit overwhelmed at the variety of cat products for sale--who knew there were so many different types of litter boxes?
What litter would you recommend? Clumping, non-scented, low tracking litter is what I'm looking for, but there are so many choices! o_O
I have found a few potential kitties on the shelter website--one girl named Baby Blue caught my eye; smoky blue medium hair and she looks so sweet! She may not pick me, of course, but I definitely am going to request to meet her when I go to the shelter :)
I am also trying to figure out a cute female cat name that is Disney themed if you have any ideas; right now I'm leaning toward Lilo but was wondering if you all had any other suggestions :)

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Some people will tell you that you can't decide on the name till you meet the cat. But that doesn't mean you can't' chose the name first, or at least pick make a list of possibilities.

I Googled "disney girl names for cats" and tons of websites came up, Here's the link to one of the sites: Disney Cat Names - Ideas, Inspiration And Magical Movie Favorites And from that site, I purr-sonally like Belle and Daisy. :hearthrob:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lindsay_314

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello everyone!

So I finally have an adoption date: Sept 18! I have some things going on before then but my schedule will be clear after, so I now have a date to go to the shelter and meet and bring home a kitty! The shelter has some different policies right now because of the pandemic which is fine; I am so excited to finally have an official day and time to look forward to!! :D
What is your best advice for making my new cat feel most at home?