Question Regarding Future Coat Length

Ledioba

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise

Meet Milo. He's 12 weeks old, and a real sweetheart. We've only had him for a couple of days but he settled right in even though his future big bro (picture here), our 7 month old kitten, was a bit sceptical of his arrival. We know for a fact that Milo is half ragdoll and half of what would be considered a domestic short- or longhair or a moggie, in my country. There's no indication of the coatlength in the name, but if I don't misremember (I only saw her picture briefly) his mother was, at the most, a semi.

He's looks like he will turn out short-haired now, but i kind of hope he will turn out a little fluffier as he grows. I mainly hold onto this hope due to his parentage and the fact that he was kind of the runt of the litter and is somewhat underdeveloped for his age. So, I was mainly wondering if there is a chance for this happening? I will love him no less if he turns out a shorthair ofcourse, he'll be gorgeous and loved dearly no what, but I kind of vainly hope for him to match our already exsisting cat in appearance somewhat :rolleyes2:

At the moment he's mainly kitten fluff but a few longer strands have started to grow out, here's a pic, and the best full-body photo I could manage.

And well, just a bit of an addendum question: his undercoat as seen in the fur pic looks kind of smoke-ish. Is it possible that he's somehow a muted orange tabby smoke?.. or whichever order all those adjectives are supposed to go in :lol:

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
I think it looks like he will end up as a shorthair. He doesn’t have the long ear furnishings that indicate if he will grow a longer coat. From what you’re describing and from the pictures, it looks like his coloring is a smoke cameo, that’s what we call a red smoke.

He’s very cute! I love his coloring and he has such a sweet face.
:catlove: