Question on behavior while eating raw

layitdown

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I hope I'm putting this in the right section, it is a question on behavior. But it's related to raw feeding, so I figured this would be the best place to put it. K, so I know a cat's energy level will increase if he is eating raw food. That's pretty much common sense. But Ricky Bobby has gotten so much more vocal since being on raw only. Has anyone else experienced this. I know some cat's behavior changes as they get older, and this could be the case with Ricky Bobby. But it's happened right after he started eating raw only. It's not a bad change from what I can see. He's just more vocal then he used to be. He used to meow at us maybe 1-2x a day. Now it's more like 6-9x a day. And it's for silly stuff, like he wants attention and belly rubs, or just to let you know he has entered the room(my favorite). I'm sure he's not doing it cuz he feels sick or anything, cuz whenever he does it he's in a very playful mood. I just thought I'd ask, because it seems to have a connection with him eating raw, or could be just a coincidence. Either way, I'm loving it, I've always wanted a vocal cat. DH, not so much
. DH says with all that raw meat RB's getting, he thinks he's a lion or something. Just thought I'd see what y'alls thoughts are.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
well I have only found raw to aid in activity level of VERY old animals ie dogs over ten and cats over 15 .... but yes personality traits at least in my house did get accentuated

furryfriends50

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Same with all of mine
LOL the mighty hunters.

Sometimes after I feed them I just have to leave if they are still meowing.

auntie crazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know I talk more when I'm feeling good, so maybe the same applies for little Ricky Bobby?

My three year-old siblings, Allen, Rachel and Meghan, all went from couch potatoes (which, at the time, I thought all adult cats were) to playful, rambunctious, giving-the-kittens-a-run-for-their-money active.

In fact, it was the astonishing change in their behavior that sealed the raw feeding for me. I was feeding only the very best wet foods (grain-free, 95% meats, etc.) and really had no expectations of much difference in the health of my cats when I made the switch - I only did it because I believed it was the healthier choice.

Now I know it is.

mschauer

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think mine are more vocal and I think it is because wanting more attention goes along with having more energy.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

layitdown

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Cool, thanks guys. I was pretty much convinced it was because of the raw food, i just wanted to see if anyone had experienced the same.