Question Of The Day, Wednesday, July 12, 2017

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I'm big on fantasy books like LOTR, same with movies. So here's my question,

If you could choose only ONE fantasy/mythological species to be real, which one would it be?

I had to ponder this one for awhile, actually. There are so many that are fascinating, including the entire world of the fae, but after due consideration, I'm going with dragons. But not the mindless killers of Western folklore. I want the wise dragons of the East. I mean, who can't get behind a mythology that explains that Imperial Dragons have five toes because it makes it easier for them to write letters to their friends and to serve tea? THIS is the dragon I want, he's the cover of one of my all-time favorite books.

upload_2017-7-12_0-48-5.jpeg

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Oh, good question!

I think having real live Centaur around would be pretty cool. I'm sure they'd be way too dignified to let people ride them, but maybe one or two could come with me when I go horse riding.

Actually, if you could just turn me into a Centaur that would be great too.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
A unicorn. I still have the childhood fascination with horses and every time I see a drawing of one they always look so beautiful.

mokapi

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I second unicorns, but I also wouldn't mind kneazles or puffskeins from the Harry Potter world... :D

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
As a child I used to watch the Mothra movies and always wanted to be one of the twin fairies.

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Brownies. Simple household fairy/gnome that helps the household in exchange for food and treats. Most of the others have some sort of negative or harmful aspect. But as long as you respect the brownies you have a clean home in the morning, win.

mokapi

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Brownies. Simple household fairy/gnome that helps the household in exchange for food and treats. Most of the others have some sort of negative or harmful aspect. But as long as you respect the brownies you have a clean home in the morning, win.
Is there a fairy that will clean my litter boxes in exchange for food and treats? That's a fairy I'd be interested in :lol:

MeganLLB

Accidental Ailurophile
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm thinking Thestrals from Harry Potter. They are completely invisible except to those people who have witnesses a death and understand the concept.

"If he had had to give them a name, he supposed he would have called them horses, though there was something reptilian about them, too. They were completely fleshless, their black coats clinging to their skeletons, of which every bone was visible. Their heads were dragonish, and their pupil-less eyes white and staring. Wings sprouted from each wither — vast, black leathery wings that looked as though they ought to belong to giant bats. Standing still and quiet in the gathering gloom, the creatures looked eerie and sinister."

They feed on birds and are attracted to the smell of blood, they are "dead clever", and have an amazing sense of direction. They can know where the rider wants to go and take them straight there if its rider has the destination in mind. And can understand the rider's words when speaking a destination. Faster than the fastest broomsticks, and very gentle unless provoked.

And super cool looking.

upload_2017-7-12_10-55-36.png
upload_2017-7-12_10-55-55.png

Last edited:

amysuen

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
First I was going to agree with unicorns, then mokapi mokapi mentioned Harry Potter so I changed my mind - House Elves to cook and clean for me! I'd be a kind master... :biggrin:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
But beware their cousins, the sock elves. Those are the ones who steal ONE sock from the 6 pair that you put in to wash. To be fair, they do leave things, but it's always something that you have never seen before in your life. The best thing that sock elves ever left in my dryer was a pair of 60sized jockey shorts. My kids could have used them as a pup tent. I didn't even know they made them that large.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Do Minions count? :think:

If not, then I'd love for dragons to be real. Ones you can ride on, like in the How To Train Your Dragon movies and books.