Question Of The Day, Wednesday February 23, 2022

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Toms of Maine fluoride toothpaste and mouth wash (vegan), I brush 3 times a day, use dental floss and mouth wash a few times a week. I also use a metal thing like a toothpick to remove plaque and food between my teeth after I eat.

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Crest. I do not use anything else. I'm not even willing to try anything different. I'm not great about brushing my teeth which is a holdover from my decade of depression that I still struggle reversing. I'm not even going to say how often I brush my teeth because it's embarrassingly not enough.

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I brush twice a day with Crest Gum Detoxify. I had bad teeth and gums a few years ago and spent $10,000 on treatment. Since then, I've been going for a cleaning four times a year. I don't floss unless I get something stuck in my teeth, which it often does. I also use Crest Pro-Health Intense mouthwash.

During that year of bad teeth, I discovered that the reason I had so much plaque buildup and gum disease was due to the soft toothbrushes that the dentists give out. I use a medium toothbrush now, which I replace every three months, and my gums are in really good shape. The soft brushes simply do not get the plaque off, and I blame that year on them.

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
I brush morning and evening with a Sonicare toothbrush and Crest, and floss in the evening with Oral B. I used to use Glide, but it’s so slick I didn’t feel like it was working very well. The Oral B has a bit more roughness and seems to do a better job for me. I rinse after lunch with Spry mouthwash. My dentist recommended it. He said there’s some evidence that Xylitol can help prevent tooth decay.

pearl99

Pearl, my labrador who loved cats. RIP.
Top Cat
Purraise
Sensodyne Pronamel toothpast, I get a multipack at Costco.
I have an OralB electric toothbrush that I love, use it twice a day, and it has a timer on it that beeps every 30 seconds so I can go for at least a minute. Floss every day with Oral B.
Trying to take care of my teeth and gums because that is a gateway to a lot of health problems in your body!

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Brush twice a day (Oral B electric toothbrush) and floss after dinner. We're using Crest Gum De-Toxify and I'm using Crest Whitening mouthwash (because there was no Listerine at the grocery store). I need a dentist appt for a thorough cleaning. But I'm very simply petrified of the dentist and keep putting it off. It's been a year now. Rick is not amused.

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I prefer Colgate with charcoal. I've switched things up over the years...this is just my current one. I'll use other ones if I see them on sale for a really good deal.
I usually brush twice a day and floss a few times a week and don't use mouthwash.
I actually just got a waterpick, I haven't gotten around to using it yet, but am excited to see what difference it makes.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I actually just got a waterpick, I haven't gotten around to using it yet, but am excited to see what difference it makes.
My hygienist strongly suggested using the Waterpik. I bought it with a good coupon after Christmas but have procrastinated. 🙄 I really need to try it. Please let me know how you like it.

• Purraise
Reactions: Jem

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
I know I have already replied; but, to add to my reply. Last Year, my Hygenist strongly suggested an Oral-B IO electric toothbrush. We were talking, and I said that I was using a disposable battery powered toothbrush. That is when she suggested the Oral-B IO....
She was so kind. She insisted that the office give me her employed discount!! I really like her.. When s she cleans my teeth, she is so gentle.... the best!

I have had many dental cleanings in my life~~~~ she is the best... I mean it... She really gets to the nitty gritty, but is patient, gently...
She has a 'certain' knack for it... Not rushed, takes her time.. but cleans my teeth really well and is so patient...

I went into this dental office; literally in teas because I know my teeth were so bad... OMG>> they were all so kind, understanding..

A world of difference from years ago--at the dentists office; where I had horrible news...

Yes, the dentist is a bit 'tuff' but understands me.. all he had to do was look at my teeth. He immediately knew what I had been thrown years ago; how I could not afford to replace it all at once; how fearful I am of dentures.... WE are now on a maintenance regime..
Taking care of things as they come up... We have a 'plan' for the future, but are not jumping into it... being conservative.

I have already had an abscess cleaned out, 2 tooth/root removals, an implant, bonding, a crown put in.... all in 2.5 to 3 years...

I am now using Crest Gum DeToxify toothpaste and moth wash, twice a day... Along with flossing with Glide, twice a day...
They laughed at me when I said flossing twice a day, but I feel as if it is necessary for me...

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Another Sensodyne ProEnamal user here. I also have a Sonicare toothbrush and a Waterpik water flosser. It's amazing how much the water flosser gets out of my teeth.