GemsGem

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Hi everyone :wavey:

An easy question for today :D

What is your favorite zoo animal ?

Lions are my favorite ;) Closely followed by Zebra's.

alyssam

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Elephants are my favorite animal of all animals. I just adore them. They are a true family of strong females. Each herd has grandmothers, aunts, cousins, daughters and sisters that all take care of one another. The males stay until they are cast out at maturity to find their own herd of females to mate with. They are beautiful and incredibly intellegent, I have watched videos of elephants that can paint! However unfortunately, are one of the most hunted by poachers. It's said that within the next 100 years elephants will be extint due to the ivory trade.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It would be one of the big cats but I'm not sure which ones.  I think all of them are amazing.  

fhicat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I like elephants. When I was a kid, I always make a beeline for the elephant enclosures. It can be hard to see them because they tend to wander around, but one or two who don't mind humans sometimes come near the "border", usually with a trainer. Once I offered a banana to an elephant, who took it, and then handed me a stack of lemongrass in return. 

caltritwiamb4

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I am from Illinois and as kids we use to ride our bike to the Brookfield Zoo on Tuesdays because admission was free on Tuesdays. This a wonderful Zoo. I live  in Florida now and was disappointed when visiting the Lowrey Park Zoo in Tampa. Anyway my favorite exhibit was the penguin house at the Brookfield Zoo.