Question of the Day - Thursday March 7, 2024

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What are some charitable causes that mean a lot to you?

Because I work in homelessness prevention, affordable housing and helping people find stable housing and get out of poverty is one cause that's important to me. Other ones include mental health, disability rights, LGBTQ+ rights, human rights in general, environmental causes like addressing climate change, and ending systemic racism.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Helping children with critical illnesses to receive a life changing wish. Also help to transform the lives of people with vision impairment by partnering them with a specially trained guide dog.

Last edited:

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
As far as giving money I give to a local charity that helps the homeless. They do more than just provide a shelter and meals. They provide things like addiction recovery, mental health help, and helping people with getting the things together like needed documents and getting someone to the point of being employable.

I also give to a local cat rescue. If and when I finally retire I want to volunteer a day or two there. I don't want to do the community outreach, not the right kind of personality for that. I can scoop litter boxes, feed, clean and give the kitties some attention.

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We support charities like Wounded Warriors and American Legion, for obvious reasons, and also a local cat shelter, but not the SPCA, as there have been some financial shenanigans with the county shelter. We are on fixed incomes, so we have to be careful as to where our money goes.

KittyFriday

🐱
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Addressing climate change, and also restoring natural ecosystems. Bringing back the tallgrass prairie. Reintroducing native animals, like bison and others. Fighting for clean air and water.

Ethical animal rescues.

Pushing back against poverty/homelessness and other often related things like domestic violence and abuse/assault.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
animal rescue and the vets who need basic items,,,,,they come to the house

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
We give to a local shelter. And we donate food to a local food bank. And last year, when we had an over-abundance of garden produce, we gave to a local church. This year, we are purposely planting extra. If things grow well, we can take extras to the church again.

cassiopea

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
- Kidney Disease
- Women and Girls rights in certain parts of the world; Particularly rights to education/healthcare, ending Female Genital Mutilation, Bride Burning, Female Gendercide, Child Brides, Acid Attacks etc
- Animal/Cat rescues and animal rights, whether supporting locally or helping out legit places around the world.

aliceneko

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
At the moment I’m donating a lot to charities supporting families in Gaza, but I’m a member of the following:

- National Trust (conservation of historic homes and wildlife parks)
- Battersea Cats and Dogs Home
- RSPB (national bird charity)
- Max Appeal (British charity for DI George Syndrome, my disability)
- Mind (mental health charity, I also volunteered with them for a few years)