Question Of The Day. Saturday The 7th of March.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Good morning. 

If you had to choose a new first name for yourself what would it be?

I'd choose Gloria, because I love the song (The Patti Smith version more than the Van Morrison version) and because it was the name of my favourite aunt.

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
LOL, so many people botch my name (Laurie) and call me Gloria.  It's one of my Starbucks names at this point 
  My real name seems so easy so I don't know why anyone does this.  BTW, LOVE Patti Smith!

Anyway, to be honest, I never wanted another name. I always liked mine.  

bbdoll22

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OMG I'm Laurie too and I get called Gloria all the time.

When I was younger I hated my name but now I wouldn't change it, guess it grew on me.

chromium blues

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Jane, like Jane Lawless, the main character in Ellen Hart's mystery series. Maybe I'd be less of a scatterbrain...

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
When i was a kid I wanted my name to be Rachel.  I remember telling my mother that and her saying that she had actually wanted to name me Rachel but my Dad didn't agree on that one. 

I really don't know what I'd pick now.  I used to hate that I could never find my name on the little bicycle license plates they used to sell. People mispronounce my name even though it's not that unusual.  I think I'd go with Leah or something like that.  I don't like the meaning of that name though. It means weary.  That's one reason I didn't put that one on my list when I was expecting my DD.

larussa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would add an extra letter to my name just to be a little different.  My given name is Carol but I would've added an e to it, Carole.  To me, it just looks better.

Last edited:

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i would choose my given name. i didn't used to like my name when i was in grade and high school, but it fits me and i'm named after my dad's mother/grandmother (who died before i was born). so i would not want a different name, though there are many very pretty names out there.

kookycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Guess I'd keep my given name (Lana) - as you don't meet too many people with that first name.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Willow! :lol3: When I was about 11 or so I was going through my mom's yearbook and found one of her classmates was named Willow. I've wanted the name for myself ever since :tongue2:. Or some other hippy-nature type name would be OK too. I feel like my name is too normal, although the spelling is different, but that just makes it so nobody ever spells my name right. It still sounds the same. (My name is Kristal for those who don't know)

2 different people in my life, years apart, who never met each other, consistently called me April, even after being corrected. One was my first boss and one is a current customer. Maybe I look like an April? ;)

Last edited:

pinkdagger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like my name. I've gone through difference phases where I've preferred other names, but more based on the people I knew with those names and that they were awesome and genuine people - Jennifer and Jillian are still names that I like. I've a friend named Jillianlily, and I like both Jillian and Lily, and she's super awesome. My associations with that name are all good, and it's unique.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Willow! :lol3: When I was about 11 or so I was going through my mom's yearbook and found one of her classmates was named Willow. I've wanted the name for myself ever since :tongue2:. Or some other hippy-nature type name would be OK too. I feel like my name is too normal, although the spelling is different, but that just makes it so nobody ever spells my name right. It still sounds the same. (My name is Kristal for those who don't know)

2 different people in my life, years apart, who never met each other, consistently called me April, even after being corrected. One was my first boss and one is a current customer. Maybe I look like an April? ;)
Willow is a nice name..You know you can change legally.