Question of the Day, Saturday, April 6

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I always make a list. First I check my reward offers, then check the flyers and make a list accordingly. I also use coupons if I have them, but they are few and far between here in Ontario...we don't get circulars with a whole bunch to clip. And to get coupons online is just a pain in the butt. They never really have coupons that are relevant to me, I don't have a phone to keep digital copies and I can't print them off. At the end of my trip around the store I always check the 50% rack/bins to see what they have to offer. We have three stores all at the same intersection so shopping by flyers/sales isn't too much of a chore as I don't have to go galivanting all over town and waste gas to get the best deals.

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Make a list of the things I don't want to forget, wing it for the rest. The list is mostly stull my husband wants.
As for coupons, I used to use them all the time but don't really see them anymore. Occasionally if I'm feeling ambitious, I will go into the store online coupons and add some to my loyalty card.

Hellenww

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I'm a big time list maker. I clip all the coupons from the 3 stores we use. It's faster to just click on all the coupons than go through and only clip the ones we use. Make up my menu. I usually plan out 2 weeks so I can get this weeks produce and non-perishibles for the future. I do my list in order of the grocery aisle. Once a month we go to BJ'S (like Sam's or Costcos), I made up a list of what we buy there. I print it, keep it on the 'fridge, and highlight what we need. I sound organized but I just want to get it done quick.

Meekie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I make a list and keep it in my wallet. I keep aware of all the weekly sales in different stores and go where whatever I need is cheapest.

I also buy multiple items if they are on sale for a good price, even if I'm not out of them. Butter is ridiculously expensive lately and for some reason, a store by me had 16 oz boxes on sale for $3.99, so I bought the limit (4), then went back the next day and got 4 more. This way I won't have to pay $6 or more if I run out. I do this with everything I use regularly. I can't remember the last time I paid full price for cans of soup, orange juice or garbage bags, just to name a few.

Note: If you're watching your pennies, it wouldn't hurt to watch the cashier as well. Some of the stores around me don't enter the sale prices in their POS system and I have to bring along a circular to point it out. Also, sometimes they forget to take their sale tags down and if you're not watching you'll end up paying full price. I bought two big bags of frozen wild blueberries at Whole Foods last week that were supposed to be $1.50 off. The (self check out) register did not match the sale price so I took my receipt to customer service and apparently they had a policy that if you are overcharged you get the item for free? I don't know for sure. I didn't make a fuss or anything but they gave me both bags for FREE. That was a $20 savings!!!