Question of the Day - Monday, September 19, 2022

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Happy Monday. I think I am feeling the effects of my big weekend. :yawn: Good thing I have a free coffee coming from Dunkin and I need to pick up a prescription from a pharmacy less than half a mile from Dunkin. ;) The challenge will be not bringing home a delicious eggy sammich because I'm hungry but kind of want to hurry up and go too. :paperbag:

What is your guilty pleasure?

Mine is probably my coffees more than anything. I do sneak in a few minutes playing a game on my phone to help me relax a bit during the day; but a good cup of coffee just hits the spot. Even if it's made at home. :cloud9: I have some flavored syrups and things to customize them myself here too. My aunt sent me videos she recorded on how to make a good Cuban coffee but I need to practice. One of those would REALLY hit the spot right now. :yummy:

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Coffee is a pleasure, but I never feel guilty about it!

I think for me it's shows like Dancing With the Stars or the Masked Singer. I love stuff like that, but I know they're not objectively intellectual.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It would be specialty coffee drinks, I don't consider the morning cup with a little milk a guilty pleasure, more a necessity. I am always experimenting with making espresso or concentrated coffee and different flavors and frothed milk. I don't always use flavored syrups because of the sugar. When I don't use syrup, I add a half packet of Splenda. Every once in a great while I get a latte from Starbucks. Since their prices have gone up that has become very rare.

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Diet cranberry juice over chipped ice and...chocolate chip oatmeal lactation cookies. Let me explain: A couple of years ago, I saw these in vending machine-type bags, next to the travel size toiletries in Wegmans. (I was looking for travel toiletry bottles.) I had never heard of them, and bought a bag to use as a gag gift for our Christmas gag gifts. Curiosity took over eventually, and I wondered what they tasted like. I loved them! They are not too sweet, and flax seed is supposed to help prevent breast cancer. They taste so good with the cranberry juice. They are very expensive, though, and I have to buy them online (W's no longer has them.) I know you can bake them, but I dislike baking cookies, and honestly, I don't have the time. Milkmakers is the brand, and I love the way they turned the "M" into two lady parts in the logo! I just hope no nosy visitors look in my pantry...

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Cool and rainy dreary days when I am off of work and at home with nowhere to go and nothing pressing to do. Usually there's something in the oven and something in the crock pot for people and pets to portion out for the week. I despise dreary days when I have to be out and about, but when I'm home I find it so cozy.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Cookbooks. I probably have 1000 cookbooks (and no, I am not exaggerating) from general cookbooks to one-subject (pizza, cheese, ice cream, mushrooms, etc.) books. And yet, there's a cookbook out there with my name on it. But I can honestly say that I have used each and every cookbook in my collection at least once.

It's an addiction.

And yet....sometimes I don't know what to make for dinner!

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have an addiction to yarn
I am always telling myself not to buy more, because it’s so expensive and I don’t have space for any more knitwear (I only really like knitting for myself and it’s my only one hobby these days) but then I see some lovely yarn and bang go tjose resolutions. I’ve just this minute been looking at Patons Sierra and contemplating repeating my favourite jumper in it. :doh:

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am always telling myself not to buy more, because it’s so expensive and I don’t have space for any more knitwear (I only really like knitting for myself and it’s my only one hobby these days) but then I see some lovely yarn and bang go tjose resolutions. I’ve just this minute been looking at Patons Sierra and contemplating repeating my favourite jumper in it. :doh:
I'm not a very fast knitter, but yarn always tempts me. My resolution was to not buy any new, but I've already broken it several times. I don't blame you with the sierra yarn, it looks lovely.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Cookbooks. I probably have 1000 cookbooks (and no, I am not exaggerating) from general cookbooks to one-subject (pizza, cheese, ice cream, mushrooms, etc.) books. And yet, there's a cookbook out there with my name on it. But I can honestly say that I have used each and every cookbook in my collection at least once.

It's an addiction.

And yet....sometimes I don't know what to make for dinner!
I've inherited a few old cookbooks from my hometown now (mostly put out by the churches and ladies groups) and I love them! But I've also been in 2 used bookstores this year that had like super vintage cookbooks! I did not even let myself look closely! I have a few schoolbooks from the 1800s but a cookbook would be really neat too!