Question of the Day - Monday, March 25, 2024

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It's our first day back to school after spring break and one week from April Fools Day. I should have planned that better so I could make my kids think they had school today and then be like "April Fools! One more day of break!" :lol: None of us were quite ready to get back to work; but then summer break is a mere 9 weeks away too!

Last week I finally got to meet my SIL's new cat; who is blind. I've read about blind cats; but she is the first I've really had a chance to interact with. She does bump into things and definitely uses her sense of smell and hearing to help herself get around. The nieces and nephew use sound to call her to her toys; like scratching their fingers on her scratcher or making noises with spring toys. But her favorite is a little blue chicky that crinkles a bit. She was pouncing after it; sometimes missing, sometimes not. Now SIL has me keeping my eye out for more of that toy! :lol::redheartpump: She's not quite a year yet I don't think; so very playful and energetic. I have a feeling we'll be looking for crinkly toys for the forseeable future. She's just too precious. :hearthrob:

What is your cat's favorite toy?

In her "old age" here of 19; Mooch basically plays by licking her Yeoww catnip toys till they are slobbery. She also has a crinkly bacon toy she uses like a pillow.

When she was younger her favorite thing were the pull tab milk rings from big gallon milk jugs. My mom worked at a daycare for a bit and brought me dozens of them! She loved playing fetch but chasing them around and around the bathtub was her favorite. Our old house had a big garden tub with this little counter like ledge that was perfect for flicking them to her when you were...on the commode... :rolleyes2: Consequently no one ever went alone in that house. :lol:

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
With Digger and Bashful, it's a wand toy that they like to drag around the house like it was a trophy, meowing all the while. With Prancer and Stretch, it's a raggedy old fuzzy mouse, about an inch and a half long, colored orange and white. A good half of the fuzz is missing, but it matters not to them. The only problem is they are constantly losing it under furniture or appliances. As for Miss Eleanor, she's not really big on play toys, for whatever reason.

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Maisie used to have this green ball that wasn't round so it would bounce in random directions and she loved that thing. The rescue let me keep it when I adopted her because she loved it. I don't know what happened to it though. I did buy some that are similar to that one, but it's not *the* green ball.

Remy *LOVES* Q-tips. I will have some in my hand to clean my ears (I know you aren't supposed to use them for that) and he comes up and steals one right from my hand. He also like the twist ties from bread bags.

Flora likes stick toys, but I don't play with her that often with them. I really should though.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Carleton's favorite toys have changed over the years but he still likes the laser toy and any toy filled with fresh catnip. Not a toy per se but he also loves to check out what's in our cabinets. Anytime I open a cabinet door he can't wait to sneak in and investigate.

IndyJones

Adopt don't shop.
Top Cat
Purraise
Bond loves a toy that idk the name of. It is basicly a long wire with rolled up papper on either end.

After looking it up it appears to be called cat dancer? Idk I don't have the package anymore.

Bond also tore up a stuffed mouse last night. I had to throw it out because there was stuffing everywhere. Luckily he didn't eat it.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mine too with the q tips and bread ties!Also the lids from soda bottles...well,any bottle truthfully...any scrunched up ball of paper ready for the trash,and Penny loves to raid the dog food bowl and swipe a few ,batting them all over the floor.Then there's Donnie,who loves to raid an ash tray and batts the butts wherever he can.....table or floor,he doesn't care.

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Sarah, at almost 16, still stalks birds and can catch mice which are her favorite pasttimes. My personal favorite toy of hers is an invisible spot on the rug she will playfully attack. The sound of a wound up cats claws racing along a rug is impossible to mistake for something else, it's hilarious.
Lila loves ALL her toys, and will carry them around the house. She especially loves the toys she got from Strider Rose last summer.
The cats at work really like the laser light and anything that makes noise, like a ping pong ball or a bottle cap. They also like these long pieces of braided fleece that are actually dog toys, they grab them, roll around with them, head butt them, and slap them across the room.
Goofy, he REALLY liked tennis balls. If I rolled one at him, he'd stand up, crouch over it, and then proceed to kick them with his back feet. He was one of those cats who would play until you made eye contact with him, and he'd drop the toy and come over for some pets and/or lap time.
The wand toys are out because Livie is transfixed by them and will grab da bird, give it a mighty yank, and then take off with it. :lol:

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Gracie has two. One is a floppy fish with all the mechanics taken out. She loves to carry it around. She also loves her burrito that she got from Santa. Boone isn't much of a toy lover unless you literally throw toys at him to play with. He seems to prefer small toys while Gracie lives the bigger ones.

IndyJones

Adopt don't shop.
Top Cat
Purraise
I made a toy for Bond yesterday. A box made from scrap wood I had and then I drilled holes in it. I call it a "busy box". You can stick toys or food inside it and then your cat has to figure out the "puzzle" to retreive it.

Bond absolutly loves it!

I should make a new thread better explaining it but it does keep him busy for a long time.