Question of the Day - Monday, February 5, 2024

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Happy first Monday of February to you all. In another month things should be starting to look like spring around here. I have seen some smaller flocks of geese; but they could be locals moving around so I'm not getting excited just yet!

Have you ever kept a diary or journal?

I have not kept a traditional journal or diary outside of school required things. The only times I've tried writing to vent it seems those things were found and read and it didn't end well... So I tend to guard my thoughts and keep them in my mind. It might be nice to go back and look at things though. I did find some school papers and letters when we cleaned out my mother's attic last year. Those were fun to see. Most were from middle school so relatable to where my kids are age wise. It's made me wonder if being able to go back and read my own thoughts from that age wouldn't be helpful to me as a parent of kids that age. Oh well!

I do have ongoing notes on my phone; but they aren't really a journal or diary. One of the last updates on my iphone added a journal app. I guess I could try that.

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No. There has never been anything special or exciting about my life that anyone would be interested in reading about.

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I tried a long time ago, but I was never consistent with it. I had a 5-year journal that had a question a day prompt. I finished it in 2023, so it was the only thing I actually followed through with when it comes to journaling.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
No, I never kept a diary. I jot down notes, reminders and appointments on my calendar which is sort of like a journal.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Not exactly but for most of my life I have kept a small notebook in my purse to jot down everything from life goals to my grocery list. I never threw any of them away, when they filled up they went into a storage box and I started a new one . Reading thru them is almost like reading a journal of my life.

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I have a password protected document on my laptop that I make entries in the morning with my coffee, basically anything that happened the previous day that was noteworthy. I usually jot down my plans for the day or anything long term I need to work on or for. It's suitable, and fun to look back a few years ago and see what I was doing then.
I also keep a dream journal and it is not password protected. I live alone so the odds of someone reading it is slim, but I actually wouldn't mind if someone did. Most of them are so off the wall crazy-stupid I would just hope they got big laughs out of it.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No, I don't like paper. I keep digital notes on my phone, but just appointments & grocery list.

BellaGooch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes! I started consistently journaling a year ago and so far I’m on my fourth journal. I’m inconsistent with how often I write, but I find it helps me process my thoughts to have them written out. I also use my notebook as a creative outlet for art from time to time, too

cassiopea

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When I was a kid, I had a classic diary that I would write in, then in my teens I had a LiveJournal account. Haven't kept any journal or diary since then though.

vansX2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I tried doing a journal about 2 years ago. I stubbornly tried to due a daily journal. I found it to be too much of a hassle. I find using a monthly planner is a better choice.

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had one as a kid, but it didn't last long. I wasn't good about writing everyday. As an adult, I have no interest in keeping one.