Question Of The Day, Friday, July 6

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Triple A was called last winter when a passing car got stuck and they trudged to our place to ask for help. It was COLD and really snowing and really windy. AAA was there in no time, by the time this person warmed up they'd free'd the car.
AAA is a life saver!

Jayflower

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Yes I can change a flat tire, and yes I have changed one. I try to do all of my own car repairs if it's something that I can fix myself; I don't really trust anyone else to work on my cars. I never had anyone to show me how to do car repairs; I've always driven older model vehicles, and I've learned about mechanical work on cars from doing a lot of my own repairs over the years.

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes I can change a flat tire, and yes I have changed one. I try to do all of my own car repairs if it's something that I can fix myself; I don't really trust anyone else to work on my cars. I never had anyone to show me how to do car repairs; I've always driven older model vehicles, and I've learned about mechanical work on cars from doing a lot of my own repairs over the years.
We need to hang out more.
My only experience with "fixing" a car is opening the hood, staring at it, poking at random stuff and having a beer then eventually calling a car guy then taking credit for the fix. :lol:

Jayflower

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
1 bruce 1 1 bruce 1 I actually kind of like working on cars. I've found that YouTube is a good way to learn how to do car repairs; there are videos on how to fix just about anything. I've actually had a few things come up over the years that I wasn't sure how to repair; I just went to YouTube and watched the videos and learned how to do it.

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
1 bruce 1 1 bruce 1 I actually kind of like working on cars. I've found that YouTube is a good way to learn how to do car repairs; there are videos on how to fix just about anything. I've actually had a few things come up over the years that I wasn't sure how to repair; I just went to YouTube and watched the videos and learned how to do it.
Jayflower Jayflower thanks! I might have to check these things out.
Problem is I'm kind of accident prone sometimes always and occasionally (coughALWAYS) learn by trial and error...IDK if the family could deal with my trial and error on vehicles we depend on. And with winter coming up soon, I can see my family guarding our best vehicles with a shot gun to keep me from coming near. =D

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It has been years since I changed a tire. My parents insisted on me learning how before I started driving the car as well and I had to change a tire once many years ago. It has been many years since I had a flat tire. I too have AAA and a cell phone so that is probably what I would do as well. I go several years without making a call but it is worth the annual fee to know that it is there.

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It has been years since I changed a tire. My parents insisted on me learning how before I started driving the car as well and I had to change a tire once many years ago. It has been many years since I had a flat tire. I too have AAA and a cell phone so that is probably what I would do as well. I go several years without making a call but it is worth the annual fee to know that it is there.
Peace of mind can be worth ten times what we pay for the service that provides it.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yes I can and I have. My best friend and I found her tire flat at Walmart while we were in college. We didn't know how to change it; but the bag the jack was in had instructions written on it. We had a really hard time getting the nuts off. A young guy saw us struggling and showed us how to step on it when they were that tight. Some old couple (seriously, a little old granny and grampy) sat in their car and watched us the whole time. We must have been entertaining. :rolleyes: But we did it! Cell phones were a just becoming a big thing. Our first instinct wasn't to call for help but to try to figure it out. So whether or not we looked like dumb kids to that old couple; I think we handled ourselves alright! ;) :lol:

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
No and no. That is why I have been a AAA member for over 15 years.

Last edited: