Question of the Day, Friday, February 25

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Good morning! :wave3:

When you're shopping for something, do you look for a bargain? Do you buy something that pleases you when you see it, regardless of the expense? Or is it a little of both?

For me, It's a little of both. I always like to find a bargain. Unless it's something that I really like. Then it's "Nope, I want this! Don't care what it costs!" That doesn't happen often. But there are some things that I've bought, esp in the WeShed, that, when I look at them, I smile. And that's worth something, too. I know that sounds silly, but that's the way it is.

What about you?

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Depends on what it is.
Clothes - I will bargain shop
Food- Usually not, I go with the brand I like, if it's on sale, all the better (this includes cat food) A lot of times, I like the generic brand better.
Electronics - No. I will only go with a name that has a reliable trusted product.

susanm9006

Lola
Top Cat
Purraise
When I am thrift shopping, I often pick up things I wasn’t actively looking for if I know the price is good and it is something I can use at some point or something I love. At regular stores I usually shop with something in mind and have on occasion spent more than I was intending for the perfect item.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I use coupons at the grocery store so if there's a name brand item that I really like I don't feel guilty buying it with a coupon. I always look for bargains first but every now and then I splurge it it's something I really want. When I was working full-time I'd buy clothes at the end of the season when they were reduced.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I always look for sales and coupon codes. Some fancy foods and sauces I will buy at full price. I don't buy anything really expensive, I usually don't spend more than $50 on each order. Rarely over $100. Our grocery orders are usually about $150, but that's for everybody.

Tik cat's mum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I do love a bargain I can never justify impulse buying for myself so usually talk myself out of getting stuff I really like unless it's on sale. But my weakness is the grandkids and the boy's, I always end up buying them stuff that they don't really need but I like. Saying that last time I went on amazon for litter I ended up with a kettle for my daughter as well. :lol:

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I always try to save when and where I can,so I'm always looking for a bargain or better price,be it online or in a store.If what I'm looking for can't be found at a decent price,well...then I sit and rethink my thinking,and usually change my mind and wait.If it was meant to be,it will be keeps running thru my head......

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't really have the spoons/patience to always look for bargains. I just want to go to the store, browse around a little bit, but not too much, and get out. I don't enjoy pawing through thrift store racks or garage sale piles. Of course I do try to find which size has the best price per unit and all that, and stock up when I find a good sale, but I'm not going to hit 7 different stores to save 50 cents. My time (and spoons) are worth more than that.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
A little of both. I will definitely shop around for prices, but if it is something I really want I will often buy it.