Question of the Day Friday aug 4th

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Horseback riding I wanted a horse growing up, I lived on a farm so it was possible. My father would not give in on that. He was born in 1913 and remembered farming with them when he was a kid. He didn't hate horses, he didn't hate any animal, he just didn't want the work and money that went into having a horse. I occasionally rode a neighbor's horse but he was gentle and very forgiving, so I didn't have to know anything about riding. I doubt I would have done anything competitive just trail riding.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Horseback riding I wanted a horse growing up, I lived on a farm so it was possible. My father would not give in on that. He was born in 1913 and remembered farming with them when he was a kid. He didn't hate horses, he didn't hate any animal, he just didn't want the work and money that went into having a horse. I occasionally rode a neighbor's horse but he was gentle and very forgiving, so I didn't have to know anything about riding. I doubt I would have done anything competitive just trail riding.
i used to ride, i even took lessons in english style. you could find a place where you can ride their horses, i'm sure i's not
expensive

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The only thing I can think of is Spanish. I kind of understand and read it, but I never got the whole noun before the verb thing when I try to speak it.
When my son gets a spam/scam call, he answers in Spanish and tries to talk to them. They hang up real quick. lol

KittyFriday

🐱
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Same! I was raised on a small cattle ranch, but my dad disliked horses (waste of money + he had fallen off of a horse when he was younger) so we were never able to have horses and he didn't really want me to take lessons either. I've got the great skill of being able to work and move cattle from the ground, but for many reasons a horse is preferable :lol:

I would love to master plant identification. There are just so many and so many that look similar it's hard. But I am trying.

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have watched videos of cutting horse competitions on Youtube and I think that is amazing what those horses can do and that the riders manage to stay on the horse while they are doing it.
I remember one time I was riding my friend's big buckskin stallion and we were cutting cattle. Having a background in both Dressage and Western, I was only using my legs and body to move the horse. My friend stopped and said, "Do something about that before the horse kills itself". I stopped and looked down and saw that the bridle had broken and was hanging down around his neck. Neither myself nor the horse seemed to notice.
That horse was amazing.

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
All the common trades (plumbing, electrical, carpentry) Being a homeowner is great but it would be so much better if I could do all my own maintenance/fixes!
That's a good point. I'm going with the same. My dad fixes a lot of my household problems, but I'd like to be able to do it on my own.

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
Strider, you questions always leave me in deep thought. So many options here. It’s a tossup between being as good at Jeet Kune Do as Bruce Lee or wishing I had the chops to join my volunteer fire dept., which I still might do.