Question of the Day - February 8, 2024

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Who is someone you look up to?

I look up to my younger sister. She is the type of mother I hope I will be one day. We've also gone through a lot with our mom lately, so I just appreciate that she's someone I can rely on and trust.

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I never know quite what's meant by looking up to someone. To me it seems to suggest deference, or the feeling one might have had as a child for an admired adult, or someone one depends on as a good employer. There are plenty of people I like and respect, but not to that degree, not at my age.

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
At various times, there were people that I looked up to, but they are all long gone. The best that I can hope for now, at my age, with my dwindling circle of friends and family, is that there is someone who looks up to me. But I doubt it.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
As I get older, I am appreciating my dad more and more. he is someone I really look up to-- and wish I could emulate in so many ways.. What he had to endure; yet still be such a wonderful, kind, man.... Unfortunately, all this is from memory, as he is not around anymore.. But, I did tell him before he passed.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My grandparents. All of them for different reasons. Like my mom's father for his calm, steady presence. He was laid back but solid. My dad's dad followed his passions and served them and others through his retirement years. My Mom's mother was my staunchest supporter and always knew what to say. Both grandparents on that side taught me so so many useful things that became my interests. My dad's mom was a survivor. Her life was devoted to her faith and serving her family. I miss them all.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
A former female boss. She graduated Summa Cum Laude from a prestigious university when it was uncommon for women to receive such a high honor. I learned so much from her both professionally and personally. She was a true superhero in my book.

aliceneko

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When I was a child I looked up to my cousin a lot (she is a little over a decade older than me, so I thought she was a cool grown up as a young child!) but now I appreciate my mother a lot more. She has taught me most of my principles and values.