question 0f the day. Friday 9 2024

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello and happy weekend

what is a book or movie that you watch or read a loft?

i read killing me softly by nicci french

what about you?

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
Hmm. I generally don't re-read a book I've already read even if I really liked it--you know, so many books so little time. :lol:

Same with movies though I watch Hocus Pocus every year for Halloween--my favorite holiday tradition.

download.jpg

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I love to re-read. I always notice things I missed the first time (or times) through. This is a really good series: Loring-Abbott Series by Elizabeth Johns. Her A Series of Elements and Descendants serieses are also very enjoyable and re-readable. I went through them all multiple times while grieving a few years ago. I do have some favorites in each series; but I think they are really best enjoyed together.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I generally don't re-read a book I've already read even if I really liked it--you know, so many books so little time.
:yeah: The only exception is Tuesdays With Morrie. I rented it from the library for a book club I was in and liked it so much I ended up buying the book.

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I always think if I don't want to re-read a book, then it was a waste of time/money. I re-read series - Discworld, Phryne Fisher, Corinna Chapman, Lord Peter Wimsey, Sherlock Holmes, Lord of the Rings, and various history books.

Similarly with films or TV series. I'm currently rewatching Auf Wiedersehn, Pet, which was made in '83 and I haven't seen for years, though I rewatch the third series from 2002 regularly. Ditto Time Team, Foyle's War, Hamish MacBeth, Hornblower, Sleepers, In the Red, The Wrong Box, Pride and Prejudice (1995), DueSouth, MASH, and more. I have them all on DVD.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mostly the only reading I seem to get done anymore are cookbooks,and I have a few that I keep going back to and reading again and again.Movie wise,I recently watched Moonstruck for the umteenth time...love Cher.I have a few that are favorites and I keep my eye out for them.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Any Stephen King book, Lord of the Rings, the first Outlander book, any in the Dirk Pitt series by Clive Cussler. Sometimes I like to go out to the WeShed, pick a King book, say, ”You!”and flop on the couch with it.

aliceneko

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I’m not a big re reader but the most recent book I’ve re-read is White Teeth by Zadie Smith. I enjoyed it a lot more this time around; I was a lot younger when I first read it and not nearly as well read.

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I generally don't reread books. I reread a lot of fanfiction though. I do rewatch movies though and some of my favorites are You've Got Mail and An Affair to Remember.

BellaGooch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love the book The Night Circus and I’ve reread it multiple times. Also love rereading Agatha Christie novels!
As for movies, I looove the movie La La Land. I’ve watched it dozens of times and I could never get tired of it. The cinematography is so good and I love the music!