Pregnant Stray Please Help

KrystalJeanne6686

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
We moved at the end of last year and my male cat came in contact with a very young female stray. I believe it was her very first heat actually. She is a very small cat and clearly had no idea what was happening when birthing. She only had one kitten and the neighbors dog got ahold of it and killed it at 4-6 weeks. (Not an aggressive dog towards cats, was the first time he saw the baby, I think he got too excited and was just trying to play - but he won't be allowed around babies in the future either way) - I noticed she was going into heat about a week later - I had an appointment set up to get her fixed but the earliest my vet could get her in was may 27. My male (now fixed ... Jerk) got her in her first heat after the kittens death. The kitten was born on valentines day - max 6 weeks after that would be march 28 ... So max 2 weeks before she went back into heat would be April 11 at the very latest for conception. So we are at approximately 7.5 weeks at very least but I really feel like she is further than this - her breasts are definitely bigger and more pink on some days than others but I have yet to see and discharge from her nipples or vagina of any kind. I'm wondering if there is any way aside from a vet visit to tell exactly how far along she is or isn't. I'm worried about leaving her alone as she only had one last time and still required a great deal of encouragement. She was very scared and confused and would have likely birthed the kitten in my lap had I let her ... Plus she had false labor off and on for like a week before birthing last time. I don't wanna brush it off as that and not be here for her labor seeing as im certain she is having more than one this time. Id be surprised if she is even a year old. Feel terrible for the poor girl, second heat - second pregnancy ...this is why I just got my cat fixed - that way he can't tag her before I get her fixed again... She's as big as a frickin house ... Please help

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

KrystalJeanne6686

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
0602172111.jpg
0602172105a.jpg
she didn't want her picture taken and just kept laying there staring at my son like that so unimpressed lol

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Do you remember her being in heat on April 11th?

She is big. It could be a large litter. I do know that just when you think they can't get any bigger, they do.

She will likely have less trouble this time, as her muscles are stretched.

Still, you'll begin to see signs a few days before she goes into labor.

You should get a can of powdered PetAg kitten formula and a small needleless syringe, in case you need to supplement any of the kittens.

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Also very helpful to have a small scale that weighs in ounces so you can monitor.

KrystalJeanne6686

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I can't say for certain exactly what day she got pregnant - I know the one kitten was born on February 14. .. He was max 6 weeks when he died - max two weeks after that before she was in heat again ... I figured 8 weeks from valentines day, that's how I got to April 11. She was here when we moved in in December and basically adopted us lol. She claimed our family as her own and has grown on us a great deal in the last 6 months. So now I worry about her even though I know basically nothing about her health, age or past.

KrystalJeanne6686

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I will definitely grab some formula though, I grew up on dairy farms and I've had to syringe feed barn kittens in the past, that's no biggie. I do have a scale though.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Barring an x-ray at the vet, it's difficult to say when she's due.

Are you seeing and feeling kitten movement in her belly?

KrystalJeanne6686

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yes, have been for a couple weeks now. When she's laying still you can actually see them moving from across the room. I have no idea why but this holds my attention like a lava lamp lol so cool! She's extra sleepy and extra lovey lately, this happened for about 3 weeks before she had the one kitten but I don't really think that would be her norm being so young, her first litter and only having one... So trying not to form expectations based on last time ya know?