Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

ShamaraP

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
So May 24th I brang a pregnant kitty she was coming to eat for 2 - 3 days she wanted to come in I gave her the spare room. I took her to the vet the next day and she wasn't feral and the vet said she was due in 7 - 14 days. Her belly has grown pretty big she's eating well. But still no kitties She looks so uncomfortable she's so friendly and loving I feel bad for her.

Attachments

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Yeah, the waiting game is not fun, takes on the nerves... Still, just to prepare and wait it out!

Tx for helping this little sis of ours!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ShamaraP

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
What do I do to prepare she is a first time mom

desert82

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm not super experienced at all but I may be able to help a little until someone with more knowledge comes along, I just went thru this with our kittens 11 weeks ago. This site helped a lot. So you will want a nest for her if.you haven't already. Something soft and quiet for her to deliver the kittens. Cardboard box lined with blankets etc. I went and bought a bottle kit but a needeless syringe and some powdered kmr. The pet ag brand and not the pre mixed stuff just in case they don't latch on to Mom. I also had dental floss near by and some blunt nosed scissors just in case you have to help her with the cords. Usually there is no issue and she will most likely handle it but just in case you don't want to not be prepared. She may or may not want you with her but make sure her spot is away from traffic and quiet .

ShamaraP

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I'm not super experienced at all but I may be able to help a little until someone with more knowledge comes along, I just went thru this with our kittens 11 weeks ago. This site helped a lot. So you will want a nest for her if.you haven't already. Something soft and quiet for her to deliver the kittens. Cardboard box lined with blankets etc. I went and bought a bottle kit but a needeless syringe and some powdered kmr. The pet ag brand and not the pre mixed stuff just in case they don't latch on to Mom. I also had dental floss near by and some blunt nosed scissors just in case you have to help her with the cords. Usually there is no issue and she will most likely handle it but just in case you don't want to not be prepared. She may or may not want you with her but make sure her spot is away from traffic and quiet .
Thanks so much I have most of those items

ShamaraP

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you so much I was in love with her the moment I met her. And no I'd like her to stay in her natural state
Oh, that's really not wise or healthy. Every heat cycle is stressful on her mentally and physically, and increases her chance of developing reproductive cancer. She also runs the risk of developing pyometria, which is fatal if untreated.

It's also not healthy for mom to have litter after litter.