Pregnant donsphynx litter tray using!

Princessdonskoy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi everyone I’m new here, been looking everywhere so my girl a donskoy is 8 weeks pregnant expecting 5/6 kittens, I’ve made her a den as she was hiding out a lot which she is using the den an chilling in there, question is what is she doing to her litter tray?!!! She’s really kicking when she’s been toilet and getting the litter everywhere she’s scratching at the litter for around 5 minutes each time? Just wondering what this was if anyone could help me! Ps she is normally very tidy on her tray so unusual for her be kicking it everywhere
X

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Ah, she’s just in high gear with all the pregnancy hormones! Sort of in overdrive and she can’t really help it.

Your best bet might to be to splurge on a new box that might be bigger and have a cover. It will help, and eventually you’ll need the extra box once the kittens are litter trained.

Kittens are messy too, so you may as well get used to it! :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Princessdonskoy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Ah, she’s just in high gear with all the pregnancy hormones! Sort of in overdrive and she can’t really help it.

Your best bet might to be to splurge on a new box that might be bigger and have a cover. It will help, and eventually you’ll need the extra box once the kittens are litter trained.

Kittens are messy too, so you may as well get used to it! :)
Oh I know babe my other cat has had kittens and I’ve always looked after ones hand reared that people don’t want, my Sphynx is ready pop I recon she’s licking her self regularly going mad in the litter tray like digging a hole haven’t seen this before lol! Ps we have 4 litter trays through the house, she’s going poo a lot more and doesn’t like my chuahaha going in her birthing den she normally grooms my dog like her own so fingers crossed it’s soon! Just wondered if anyone of here had a donskoy that was pregnant xxx

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
They are often happy having their friends with them, holding them company and perhaps even co-parenting some.

BUT if she doesnt want the chuahuas company, its better to separate them for some time. Not worth to get her stressed, even if there isnt no real threat.
Not even to mention, the dog can get himself a steady punch on the head.