Pregnant Cat Not Sure How Far Along

AuroraB

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat is expecting and has been showing signs that she is near for about 10 days. Everyday I think today is the day but she just spends the whole day sleeping. She had some clear discharge 2 days ago, constantly grooming, nesting, really affectionate, large pink nips. When should I start worrying? I took her temp today and it is 37.4

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Veteran
Purraise

Abigailfosters

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My cat is expecting and has been showing signs that she is near for about 10 days. Everyday I think today is the day but she just spends the whole day sleeping. She had some clear discharge 2 days ago, constantly grooming, nesting, really affectionate, large pink nips. When should I start worrying? I took her temp today and it is 37.4
Hi!

How long have you felt/seen babies move for?
She is probably really close, we can't be sure. As long as she isn't actively pushing for a long time with no development I wouldn't worry too much. Is she confined tota safe room and kitten box to nest in? If you haven't been checking her temperature through her pregnancy I wouldn't bother now as it only stresses them out and isn't a definite sign if you don't have other readings.
She may be in the first stage of labour which you can't really see but she'll be loosing her mucus plug and cleaning it away farely quickly!
Good luck, keep us updated x

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

AuroraB

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi!

She is probably really close, we can't be sure. As long as she isn't actively pushing for a long time with no development I wouldn't worry too much. Is she confined tota safe room and kitten box to nest in? If you haven't been checking her temperature through her pregnancy I wouldn't bother now as it only stresses them out and isn't a definite sign if you don't have other readings.
She may be in the first stage of labour which you can't really see but she'll be loosing her mucus plug and cleaning it away farely quickly!
Hi!

Hi!

Thanks for your reply. I’ve seen them moving for about two weeks and felt them move for a week now. I didn’t take her temp before. It’s now 37.7 so I don’t think it means much now. She’s confined to one room and has a nest that she sleeps in every night. She’s eating normally and is being very affectionate. I guess I just have to keep waiting!

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You don't need to keep taking her temp. It's unreliable as an indicator and stressful to mom.

It sounds like she is getting close, but could still be days away. Do you have nest options set up and kitten supplies purchased? You'll want a small scale, powdered kitten milk replacer, and a needleless syringe in case you need to supplement any of them.

Can you keep mom 100% inside and away from intact males now?

AuroraB

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
You don't need to keep taking her temp. It's unreliable as an indicator and stressful to mom.

It sounds like she is getting close, but could still be days away. Do you have nest options set up and kitten supplies purchased? You'll want a small scale, powdered kitten milk replacer, and a needleless syringe in case you need to supplement any of them.

Can you keep mom 100% inside and away from intact males now?
Yes I have everything ready! She’s always inside. I should’ve added I’m a Bengal breeder.

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If you are a breeder, you probably have an idea of what date she was bred. Cats normally have their babies between day 63 and day 70 after mating. If she goes past day 70, take her to the vet to be examined.

AuroraB

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
If you are a breeder, you probably have an idea of what date she was bred. Cats normally have their babies between day 63 and day 70 after mating. If she goes past day 70, take her to the vet to be examined.
The reason I don’t know the exact date is because she stayed with her stud for a few weeks as he had depression when I separated them. She seems restless and meowing now so hopefully soon!

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Even if she stayed with the stud for a few weeks, you can still count from the first day of breeding to determine her approximate due date.

Good luck, I hope everything goes well for her and you :)

AuroraB

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Even if she stayed with the stud for a few weeks, you can still count from the first day of breeding to determine her approximate due date.

Good luck, I hope everything goes well for her and you :)
Thanks! I’ve been expecting her to give birth for 2 weeks now according to when I first put them together. Hopefully soon!