Pregnant Cat Need Help Please.

Jeffbull

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I'm not sure how far along she is but she has stopped eating completely. And very little intake of fluid . She's still acting normal. As far as loving and she purring. Doesn't seem like anything is wrong. And I've read it's normal for appetite decrease but it's been almost a week since she's ate a meal. She's taken a bite here or bite there. But she hasn't actually ate. No bowel movements but plenty of pee in the box. I don't know what to do. And I can't afford a vet visit.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
If the eating stop is such long its alarming, an asap vet errand.

Try to give her something entice or forcefeed. Goats milk or full fat yoghurt perhaps.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I'm not sure how far along she is but she has stopped eating completely. And very little intake of fluid . She's still acting normal. As far as loving and she purring. Doesn't seem like anything is wrong. And I've read it's normal for appetite decrease but it's been almost a week since she's ate a meal. She's taken a bite here or bite there. But she hasn't actually ate. No bowel movements but plenty of pee in the box. I don't know what to do. And I can't afford a vet visit.
It. Depends too exactly how much in total are these small bites. Having intestines squizzed by her now big kittens, she cant no longer eat full sized meals. It will be a little - but often.

But if its much lesser in total - yes alarming. They can be sick for real although. Preg.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Can you post a picture of your cat?

Try a jar of Gerber turkey baby food. Cats usually love it!

Do you know when she mated?

Mamalolo93

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My cat stopped dry food, after labor will only eat wet food. Have you tried wet food? Add some ground up kitten cow to it for nutrition.