Prayers for Jacob

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Yosemite

Our Jacob is still hanging in there. He goes for acupuncture therapy 3 times per week and has some use of his back legs. He sort of walks/drags his little feet. SIL seems to think the acupuncture is helping and asked me to give her my honest opinion this weekend when we see them. I'll be looking forward to seeing the sweet little guy.
Thank you for the update...

accupucture 3 times a week wow... mine wouldnt talk to me

cinder

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Sounds like Jacob is getting the best of care. Do they have one of those slings for his rear end? (The front legs move and you kind of carry the back end along like a purse) I saw them treating a dog on TV with one and it seemed to work okay. My friends dauchshund had back problems too...too much ice cream.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Jacob is doing well, he walks funny and drags his feet a bit but he has such strong determination. SIL has cut the arms out of a baby undershirt (the ones that snap in front to hold them on and keep them from slipping) and Jacob wears that in case of accidents. He does lose control of his bowels occasionally, but he's doing really well.

Thanks for all your good vibes and wishes. He has a ways to go yet, but he does seem better to me.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Woo-hoo. Jacob came to visit yesterday (he doesn't like kitties much so Bijou and Mika "enjoyed" a couple hours in the bedroom). He is doing so much better. He loves his Auntie Linda
so he loses control of his bladder when he sees me. Before he came into the house, BIL & SIL put on his shirt with the pamper type pads in so he wouldn't make a mess. I love this little guy so much and am so happy he loves me too. The doctors think he will regain full use of his back legs so we're all hanging in there.

Thank you all for your prayers and vibes - I honestly believe they helped and my SIL said to thank all of you too. I let her read this thread and the replies from all of you and she had tears in her eyes. She's such a lovely and special lady with a kind and warm heart.

anakat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Isn't it amazing what love and TLC can do, well done all of them

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Yosemite

Woo-hoo. Jacob came to visit yesterday (he doesn't like kitties much so Bijou and Mika "enjoyed" a couple hours in the bedroom). He is doing so much better. He loves his Auntie Linda
so he loses control of his bladder when he sees me. Before he came into the house, BIL & SIL put on his shirt with the pamper type pads in so he wouldn't make a mess. I love this little guy so much and am so happy he loves me too. The doctors think he will regain full use of his back legs so we're all hanging in there.

Thank you all for your prayers and vibes - I honestly believe they helped and my SIL said to thank all of you too. I let her read this thread and the replies from all of you and she had tears in her eyes. She's such a lovely and special lady with a kind and warm heart.
I am soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo glad that Jacob is doing better.

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am just reading this thread. Poor Jacob has been through a lot with his little legs. I am glad that he is doing better! Bless you.
Bless his little heart!
He sounds like a wee darling.