Posting Question

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
If you have a anti-pop-up program you won't be able to access the smilies. But if you post look at the lower left-hand side of the monitor and see the smilies, then click more to see them all.

Above you (again when you are posting) you see small boxes above this text box B stands for bold I for Italics and u for underlining just click on those. You can also change font styles and colors if you want

shell

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When you are posting, on the left side of your screen you can see smilies. In the box of the smilies, there's a button "get more", click on that & you'll see all the smilies that are downloaded on to this site.
As for bold print, if you look right above the message box when you're posting you can see a B button, I button, & U button. Click one of those & a box comes up with what you want typed in bold, italics or underline.

Hope that makes sense & hope it helps you!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

georgiagirl8

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
It's a Hewlitt Packard. I have Windows XP and I'm using Internet Explorer.

shell

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm sorry..it's rather blurry. But you can see the smilies & the B,I & U buttons in the pic though.

georgiagirl8

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
The VB Code section is not there and there are no smilies in the message section.

shell

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hmm..I dunno what to tell you. This is how my screen has looked from day one, so I don't know why you're would look different. Have you gone to Usercp & checked to see if your smilies are turned to on? Maybe that would have something to do with it?

georgiagirl8

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I figured it out!! I went and checked it and it wasn't turned on. Thank you soooo much for all your help.

georgiagirl8

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
By the way, I also did not know that you could change the style. I set mine to Pinky Paws. Thanks.

shell

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Glad I could help you...especially since I was just guessing on what the answer could be!

Happy posting!

22angel

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Weird question maybe??

How do you change the style? And what does it mean? I looked and looked all over, and couldn't find anything. But it is almost 4 am here so that may have something to do with it.
Anyways, what does the style "pinky paws" mean? Thanks! Going to bed now to sleep.....

georgiagirl8

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I didn't know that it even existed until I checked the user control panel to see if my smilies were turned on. It changes the look of the screen. I haven't checked all of the styles yet, I automatically chose Pinky Paws because I really love the color pink. That is really what this style is. The background color on my screen and the borders are all a different shade of pink. There are several to choose from. Change it in the user control panel. It is way down at the bottom. I think it was like the second from the bottom. There is a drop down box that you use and you just choose from the list. It's really nice to be able to look at my change of scenery when using the cat site.

kimward34

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
... I automatically chose Pinky Paws because I really love the color pink.
LOL! The choices are too cool! They change with my moods...
I am "Green" at the moment… last week I was "Chocolate".. haven't tried Pink yet -

22angel

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thanks guys! For some reason last night when I posted, the "Edit options" link woulnd't work...none of them worked I don't think. I can't remember. Anyways, now I saw it and I'm working on it! Thanks again!