Possible Siamese background?

tesslulah

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I rescued a kitten i named 'Tallulah'. She is 4 mos old and in heat already. I took her to the vet to get her third round of shots and she confirmed it. I read on line that it is typical for Siamese cats to go in to heat early. And Tallulah's brother is seal point. Two of her siblings have Siamese looking eyes. I was wondering if you guys thought she may be a little bit Siamese. She sure talks like one... Even when she is not in heat.

Last edited by a moderator:

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Good pics are always welcome when you wants peoples help to identyfy antything, so also, cat breeds.

Here, it would be nice to have also pics on the siblings with these Siamese looking eyes.  I presume they eyes are blue?

If so, I do presume they may even be points them too, but the masque isnt clearly visible.  Sometimes you dont see the wood because of all the trees - they may for example have big splotches of tabby pattern being the masque.   Another possibility is,   Some colors makes the masque almost invisible, for example cream color... Even red color may be difficult on young cats, before they have darked up as older.

Anyways, my guess one parent was point - maybe even siamese - quite probably because of her early heat, the other a non point but carrier of the point gene.   It could give such result as here.

At least one of the parents was a tabby.   Tabby is dominant, so all kittens usually get this pattern too. Point is recessive, so kitten mUst get the gene from both parents.

Good luck!

Last edited:

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Wow!  a prettie!  She seems to be a tortoise-shell as well.  Thus, a so called Torbie.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tesslulah

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you! And I do not have pictures of her sister or brothers, but yes two of them have light blue eyes. Two of them were buff, one seal poin. Mother was a stray tabby who was spayed and rehomed, and Father unknown. I like torbie. Never heard any one combine them before. She was originally listed as a red patch tabby, then Tortie then calico... I think I'll change it one last time to torbie.