Possible Pregnant Cat?

DespicableCi

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Is my partner's cat pregnant? He rescued her after she had given birth to one previous litter if that counts for anything in regards to her nipples size/shape/colour... etc etc. My partner and myself have never dealt with cat pregnancy before, so we are somewhat clueless as to whether not she is expecting. She is showing some signs of pregnancy such as becoming more affectionate and seeking more attention from my partner and I, along with weight gain around her belly area, though this could also be due to her change in diet. Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thank you

19075096_10207057936126960_1457911051_n.jpg

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Difficult to tell much. A rescued cat will of course be more affectionate and well done as she becomes more used to you her new Parents....
The nipples dont look as yet the typical crimsoming as they get around day 21-22, but its you whom are there whom can tell if they has become more crimson or not...

Humans are somewhat protected from new pregnanices by nursing, but not so cats. So if there were practical possibilites to be mated, count on she was mated and may be pregnant...

And, as she had a litter, we know she isnt sterile. Some few cats are.

Unless you DO want a litter of kittens, I would recommend the simplest solution: do take a spaying as soon you can arrange it. It shall be done anyway, no? So better sooner than later.