Poor Jack

liljoker5290

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My dog died on thursday he was 13. He was a black lab. He was fine the night before we were playing ball. then I woke up to feed him and he didnt get up so i knew something was wrong so i said come on and he stood up and he fell and he managed to make it down the hall to his favorite place to aly and he jusst started to go to sleep it was 10 in the morning and my vet said we couldnt bring him in until one then we called the humane society i was siting with him and he died with me comforting him. im gonna miss Jack
. June 1993 to March 2006 hes in a better place now

blackmagic1987

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry you had to go through that. It just rips your heart out.

I'd have rather Hemi died naturally like Jack did thenhave to decide to do it for him. Don't take that the wrong way, Oh God I don't mean that in a cold way but I waited years hoping he'd just die in his sleep, he made it to 21 before we had to have him put down. We have a lot of labs in our neighbourhood so I'd imagine Hemi has already walked up to him to see if he'd been one of our neighbourhood labs.

It's my fourth day and the tears are slowing down. ONe thing I was told the day after was you have to get over this. Take all the time you need. He was part of your family, to me they're like my children.

This is a great place to be. Wonderful people here. They were A Godsend to me. I don't think I would have gotten through it without them.
Take care of you now.

sweetiecat3

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm really sorry for your sudden loss of you much-loved Jack. I agree with 'blackmagic' that, at least he went naturally. You are right - he is in a better place now.

Rest in peace, dear Jack. Enjoy your time, free in the meadows and beautiful streams of Rainbow Bridge

'Blackmagic'- there is nothing wrong with putting down an animal if the time is right. It can be more painful (for the 'owner', not the animal) sometimes, but losing a pet is pretty much equally sad. I'm sorry for your loss of Hemi... may he R.I.P.

beckiboo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am very sorry for your loss. How hard to have to just watch him go...yet his pain is gone now. Someday you will see him again, restored to his puppyish playful self.

ginnyp

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
It's so hard to lose a beloved pet so suddenly. At least Jack didn't suffer. He's now in a beautiful place watching over you and waiting to see you again.

Rest in peace Jack.

alessandra

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. I too am trying to deal with the sudden loss of a dog so I know exactly how you feel right now. I'm sure your Jack was happy to have you holding him close as he slipped away. I wish I could have been there with my Blackjack. Maybe your Jack and my Blackjack are together somewhere over the Rainbow Bridge.