Polly is having surgery tomorrow

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

purrpaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks xocats! Sorry no update yet. My vet's mentor at the vet school wasn't in yesterday. She should be back today, but Tuesday is my vet's day off. So I should hear something tomorrow. I'll be sure to update.

purrpaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok, well, I have an update, but it isn't very exciting.

My vet's mentor referred her to someone else. That person said that we shouldn't change any medications until we can get the specific gravity of her urine down. Her specific gravity is normal for a cat, but we want her urine to be as dilute as possible so it doesn't irritate her bladder. So she needs to eat all canned food and as much liquid as possible. She's crazy about whiskas catmilk, and the vet said that was ok to give her. Also it's ok for her to eat her grass.

She also gave me a website to check out, and she's suggesting a third litterbox. I'm not sure where to put a third litterbox, so I'll have to think on that.

We'll test her urine again in one month.

Anyway that's all I have for now.

renny

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What a long and tough ordeal for both of you, but thankfully you seem to be getting the best advice available. I'll be keeping you both in my thoughts and prayers!

purrpaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She meowed for her dry food this morning, so I gave her some but added water to it (the vet said this was ok). I didn't think she'd eat it like that, but she did.

Once you add water to dry food, does it need to be refrigerated if it doesn't get eaten right away?

renny

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would probably get rid of it if it isn't eaten quickly. I wouldn't want to risk the bacteria explosion that can come with wetting it and leaving it out. Especially if Polly's immune system is a little worn out battling her cystitis.