Veteran
Purraise
Oreo...you will be missed sweetie pie.

RIP little angel.

whiskerynature

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
JIL05, I'm so sorry for your sister's little Oreo...may he rest in peace. The whole hospital situation sounds shady, especially because it didn't sound like Oreo had any symptoms of intestinal perforation prior to the attempted liver biopsy. Was this in Manhattan area? Just wondering because we're on the lookout for a vet that we'd love as much as our old vet in Baltimore (& it also helps to know whom to avoid).

We'll keep you, your sister, and Oreo
in our prayers.

katie=^..^=

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It is so sad to lose a beloved pet and especially when you suspect something shady might have happened. I will pray for you, your Sister and Oreo.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jil05

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
The whole hospital situation sounds shady, especially because it didn't sound like Oreo had any symptoms of intestinal perforation prior to the attempted liver biopsy. Was this in Manhattan area? Just wondering because we're on the lookout for a vet that we'd love as much as our old vet in Baltimore (& it also helps to know whom to avoid).

The hospital is here on Long Island, in Suffolk. I agree about everything seeming shady especially since he was comfortably holding his own before they went to do the biopsy. I truly believe he would have had a chance if not for this added complication...but I guess I will never know for sure. He was only three years old.

Thanks to all of you who shared your stories of your cats and Hepatic Lipidosis. I learned so much...I only wish I had read your posts earlier.

We have certainly learned a lesson. Thank you for all of your kind words. This site is the best!

ginnyp

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry you and your sister lost Oreo, and under such unsettling circumstances.

Rest in peace, sweet Oreo, as you watch over your people from the Bridge.