Please help meow meow

me0wzers

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I just am a lost for words on what to say My cat's very sick I had them neutered 3 weeks ago since then he's lost weight his coat is horrible looking he is discharging from his eyes really bad he just won't has no energy he's a horrible just looks like he feels horrible. Upon looking on the website of the place that did the neuter a sister site I found pictures of a cat that looks exactly the same that died very soon my cat I took him to the vet non-associated vet yesterday before yesterday and everything came back normal except for his some some protein levels were low... However his results are the same as the cat that died last year and I'm scared that they're going to miss the diagnosis and not be able to save my cat does anybody know anything about this I have the test results and I have this picture if anybody I don't know I'm new to this for him I don't even know if I'm posting this right please somebody just tell me what to do I don't know what to do

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi just to clarify (I know you’re scared, but take some deep breaths here) “yesterday before yesterday” means the day before yesterday? And “vet non associated vet” means a different vet than the one who neutered your cat?

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
Also quick question: the note says your cat was in heat, yet you refer to your cat as a he. Can you clarify? Sorry for these questions but information helps. In either case, I would call your vet -whichever one you trust most- describe these symptoms and perhaps ask if the cat needs antibiotics. Try to remain calm, and tell your vet all the symptoms you notice.

Last edited:

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It sounds like an infection from the neutering, which the labs should have picked up, or he picked up a 'kitty cold', feline herpes virus, from the vets and that wouldn't show up really, it is a virus. Those labs are from the cat that died on the internet? That was months ago. We really need YOUR cats labs. I would get some DMG from Amazon, or any pet med site and start giving that to build up his immune system, as soon as possible. That really helped my cats, they used to get really sick from the virus and haven't since I started it. You might call the vet back and insist on a liquid antibiotic, it wouldn't hurt. In case of infection. put it in a small amount of tuna juice, or a lickable treat so he eats it. Remember, NO COWS MILK, it can make them sick too, give goats milk or kitten replacement milk. is he eating and drinking? Using the litter box?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

me0wzers

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
**breathing**. Ok I'm at the vet now. The results I posted were the results of the similar case from the county vet discount neuter clinic. I didn't have a chance to post meow meows. Thank you guys for handling my situation with such compassion. Gives me hope in humanity and the internet...or on the Internet, idk, nvm...they're doing some more test now. I believe he caught a bug when he got fixed, over 50 cats plus dogs are seen and operated on every day there so infections are probably common. Lesson learned, cheaper surgeries = expensive post care

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Lesson learned, cheaper surgeries = expensive post care
I was thinking that too but didn't want to say anything so I'm glad you brought it up. :thumbsup: I don't know if there's a feline only vet clinic in your area but, if so, you may want to consider looking into it for future exams or health issues. Here is a TCS Article that may have some helpful information for you: Feline Herpes And Rhinotracheitis - Expert Advice For Cat Owners - TheCatSite

BTW, welcome to TCS! :wave3: I'm glad you joined the site since it's a wonderful community of cat lovers who can help and support you with your questions. Your cat is very handsome, what's his name? Best of luck, please keep us posted on your progress.

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It sounds like he picked up an upper respiratory infection from the stress of the vet and neuter. I hope you got some good news for your boy at the vet.