People with hamsters..

meow_cat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
First off its spellt hamsters not hampsters.

The litter you have is clay based and is dangerous for hamsters. Try chinchilla sand. Not chinchilla dust as it is to fine for their sensitive respiratory system. Or you could use playground sand but it needs to be baked in the oven at 350*F for about 5-10 minutes.

Put some hamster poos and if you can some peed on bedding in the hamsters toilet and they should get the hint. Use this method for rats, rabbits, gerbils, mice, and any other small animals.

if you take the time to tame your hamster then they will be your best buds!

Try this taming method: http://www.hamsterhideout.com/forum/...showtopic=5988

and well your at it sign up at Hamster Hideout:http://www.hamsterhideout.com/forum/index.php?act=idx
Lots of fun and tons of informitive information.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

h~chan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Meow_Cat

First off its spellt hamsters not hampsters.
And while we're at it, it's "spelled" not "spellt".. people make mistakes, it's not the end of the world.

ANYWAYS.. I think the "litter box" is out of the question.. he's officially made it his bed..

annasmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I'm not really into to rodents (especially since I killed my beloved guinea pig, Pepper by sit-n-spinning him to death when I was about 4), but your hamster is VERY cute.

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is my little one

If you are using pine or cedar shavings, I also suggest a little googling as they can suffer from respiratory problems from it.

I currently use World's Best Small Pet Litter in the areas he tends to go potty and care fresh bedding