Pectus Excavatum in kitten.

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
How are you doing Jj1008 Jj1008 ?
I was thinking about you allnight....just checking in to see if you made your decision

I love mani mani s advice,go with your gut,your heart.She is so encouraging sharing her experience with her beloved Sundar ,who against all odds is now 12 years old and has had such a wonderful life -still going strong! ❤🙏

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Jj1008

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks! I think I will go with surgery - as at this stage it’s non-invasive, increases her life quality for long term & would give me peace of mind. The alternative - something happens to her later down the line, too late to do anything or too risky, I think I’d have so much guilt. Financially I am not in a good position but yes I can afford it now. Money can be earned, life cannot. Will call the vet once they are open and book in for next week. Fingers crossed for her.

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks! I think I will go with surgery - as at this stage it’s non-invasive, increases her life quality for long term & would give me peace of mind. The alternative - something happens to her later down the line, too late to do anything or too risky, I think I’d have so much guilt. Financially I am not in a good position but yes I can afford it now. Money can be earned, life cannot. Will call the vet once they are open and book in for next week. Fingers crossed for her.
Fingers,toes,legs & even eye balls!lol Praying

Yes,money comes n goes and since you're still able to earn it you'll replace it----- Petey is priceless and irreplaceable! I'm happy to hear that you've made your decision,it's very hard to know what anyone would do in your position but I really believe I'd do the same( as I mentioned)

Do you know when surgery will be? PLEASE let us know when you bring her in and keep us updated as you are able ❤

Oh my-I got so excited I didn't even realize you just finished saying it will be next week,silly me!

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
I thought you would go that way Jj1008 Jj1008 .. :)
Who knows what I would have done should the options have been there.
Absolutely all the best for little Petey.. :vibes: :vibes: :vibes:
Please do let us know how you and she are going!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Jj1008

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
The clinic said the operation ideally 10-14 weeks and she’s already on the late side at 16 weeks for best results - from experience, at this stage after the surgery the ribs would still have a slight curve in but would be better and giving her heart & lungs more space.

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
Yes, I did think it was getting on in time.. If she's doing well at this stage, it's a very good sign. But you're really giving her the best you possibly can. :catrub: