Pea-sized scab on belly?

LizSalas

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I’m thinking this might be a scratch or insect bit that my kitty has scratched or irritated? It doesn’t seem to hurt her when I touch it. It has a bit of her grey fur stuck in it so it’s hard to see completely. Any ideas on what this might be?

Attachments

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi and welcome to TCS! It is hard to see, but does it really look like a scab? I am not sure. Regardless of what it is, just monitor it to see if it gets any bigger/spreads, begins to look infected, or for it to go away. I doubt it is anything to worry about but keep an eye on it just in case.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

LizSalas

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi and welcome to TCS! It is hard to see, but does it really look like a scab? I am not sure. Regardless of what it is, just monitor it to see if it gets any bigger/spreads, begins to look infected, or for it to go away. I doubt it is anything to worry about but keep an eye on it just in case.
Sorry if I’m not replying in the right way (I’m not a big forum-poster!). Thank you for your message! When I touch the area it feels crusty, like some sort of fluid has dried up over it. I’m inclined to “wait and watch” but my husband wants to make sure and take her to the vet. We did make an appt on Tuesday as we want to make sure it’s not ringworm or something? My instinct is to try and clean it with a q tip but I don’t want to irritate it further.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Keep your appt. and by then maybe you will see some changes - good or bad. Not sure what will be accomplished by trying to clean it, but if you are going to do that, use chamomile tea. Buy chamomile tea bags - you can find them in most any grocery store and generally speaking those are Germain - you don't want English or any flavorings or additives. Brew a bag in water, cool the liquid to room temp and then apply some to that area with a soft cloth or cotton balls. Chamomile tea is a soothing and healing agent, as well as having anti-bacterial/anti-fungal properties. It is safe for your cat to ingest if that should happen. If is just a bite or scratch, at least the tea could help with those.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

LizSalas

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Keep your appt. and by then maybe you will see some changes - good or bad. Not sure what will be accomplished by trying to clean it, but if you are going to do that, use chamomile tea. Buy chamomile tea bags - you can find them in most any grocery store and generally speaking those are Germain - you don't want English or any flavorings or additives. Brew a bag in water, cool the liquid to room temp and then apply some to that area with a soft cloth or cotton balls. Chamomile tea is a soothing and healing agent, as well as having anti-bacterial/anti-fungal properties. It is safe for your cat to ingest if that should happen. If is just a bite or scratch, at least the tea could help with those.
Wow, thank you; someone else online had mentioned apple cider vinegar, but chamomile tea seems a lot gentler.