Part Bengal?

Mystiria

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi,

I picked my 2 years old cat up at a shelter a few months ago. They said she was a domestic short hair, even though she had some unusual markings. When I got her home, she suddenly grew to the length of my half-Maine Coon kitty (26 in!). She never meows, only mrrrs. She has black pads on her feet, what seems to be embryonic rosettes on one side of her fur, and hind legs that are bigger than her forelegs. What do you think?
FullSizeRender (24).jpg
FullSizeRender (4).jpg
FullSizeRender (21).jpg
FullSizeRender (22).jpg
FullSizeRender (26).jpg
FullSizeRender (27).jpg

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
She's very pretty! But I'd say no, not a Bengal. She appears to be spotted torbie in pattern (a tortoiseshell tabby), which isn't a Bengal color. She also appears to be more moderate in body type, Bengals would be a little more long and muscular in appearance.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mystiria

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She's very pretty! But I'd say no, not a Bengal. She appears to be spotted torbie in pattern (a tortoiseshell tabby), which isn't a Bengal color. She also appears to be more moderate in body type, Bengals would be a little more long and muscular in appearance.
That's why I think she might be part Bengal, maybe 1/2 or 1/4. She doesn't exhibit all the characteristics of a Bengal, but she does exhibit enough to make me wonder. Her size in particular (26 in), is enough to make me wonder, since the average length of a domestic shorthair is 18 in.

Alejandra Rico

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Such a nice girl!
As abyeb abyeb , I see no bengal in her, but just a broken mackerel pattern over that tortie colour. Certainly, not 1/2, nor 1/4, not even 1/8 visible bengal. So, if she has bengal Blood, she is hiding It quite well.
Now, with that wide nose, big ears and her size, I would suspect from some gigant breed influence, maybe a Maine Coon too, not as recent as your other cat.

Last edited:

sabian

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I was wondering if my cat is Bengal also. He is very unusual with long stripes down back and circles on sides. He also has 3 colors,black,white, and tan, which I thought is rare for a male. What would u categorize his markings as?
From what I know about Bengals I would say this is not a Bengal. 3 colors are rare in males. That's about all I can tell you. You should post this on a thread of your own and you'll get more responses. I'm sure someone can give you an idea of the breed.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
If he is calico / tortie with white, you may perhaps see on the foot pads. If they are differently colored you will know.

The tabby is the marbled, black and silver problably.... Nice and pretty. I can imagine he had some ancestor of a marbled bengal, a granddad, not nearer.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I was wondering if my cat is Bengal also. He is very unusual with long stripes down back and circles on sides. He also has 3 colors,black,white, and tan, which I thought is rare for a male. What would u categorize his markings as?
Good you started your own tread, here above is my answer so far.