Part Bengal? Or Any Ideas On Breed?

purrtykittyxo

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi. I just adopted my cat. I'm wondering what breed he is.He has beautiful markings. he looks almost as if he could be mixed with bengal but not sure. I attached photos of my New lil guy ☺

Attachments

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

purrtykittyxo

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
...And Sorry for the duplicate photos I should had previewed before posting.

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
He looks like a mackeral tabby with white from the top (stripes, not marbled), so I'd say a beautiful Domestic Shorthair. Bengals only come in marbled, spotted, and rosetted patterns, and they don't have the white "tuxedos" and feet. If there's any Bengal in him, it's probably pretty far back. He's beautiful, regardless!

purrtykittyxo

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks for the input! Yes he is a good looking cat whatever his breed. The picture doesn't show that well but he has stripes on one side of his body and little spots on opposite side. I saw his brothers who looked like him. Wish I knew what his parents look liked. I think one of them was maybe and orange tabby because he has some orange in his coloring as well

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Could we have a Good photo from aside? He seems to have some spots but I agree if any bengal ancestry it isnt near.

Garak

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Looks like a Desert Highlander to me. They're exactly the same as my cat with straight somewhat large and sharply pointed ears. All Highlanders are part Bangal, by the way.

purrtykittyxo

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
123_1_9(1).jpeg
123_1(1)~2.jpg
Thanks stefanz I uploaded some side pics. You see how one side is more striped and the other spotted?

Garak, I never thought part highlander. Maybe he does have some desert highlander. I do see similarities in his coat but not so much anything else.

I'm leaning towards broken mackeral tabby or spotted tabby. Any more ideas with the new photos? Maybe he has some highlander or ocicat mixed in?? His spots aren't rosette but maybe a bit bengal or egyptian mau. let me know any more ideas on my lil guys breed..all input appreciated

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
With bengals, they arent always symmetrical. So I would guess on some bengal granddad, not nearer.

Of all these breeds is bengal by far the most common, so unless other evidence comes, I will put my vote there.
- As old Willem Occam said, in his Razorknife - If there are several possible explanation, the true one is almost always the most probable and the simplest of them. Do not count on the most farfetched explanations...

purrtykittyxo

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yes bengals are more common. Especially in my area. Would you say he is a spotted tabby or mackerel? I'm not sure on this or his color.