Our Little Bobbie

Soer313

Born to be wild!!!!
Kitten
Purraise
We welcomed our little Bobbie to our tribe just 2 days ago! She has been such a little sweetheart that we didn't know we needed until we had her. I myself am new to the concept of different cat breeds and such as I have always been a dog person.

Based on her photos, what type of cat is she? Will she lose this incredible gray coloring in her hair and her eyes? I am absolutely in love with the intense stare of her gorgeous gray eyes. At what age will her hair texture begin to change? She is just too cute! Thanks everyone!

Attachments

Peaches&Mango

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Welcome :) Bobbie is lovely! She is no particular breed however, she is a domestic short hair (DSH) blue and white (blue = grey in cat terms) bi colour. I love her little mittens!
She won’t lose the colouring in her fur, she does have some ghost markings (tabby stripes) on her body in picture 2, these will probably fade as she matures but she will still be blue and white.

How old is she? Her eyes could well stay that colour, however they are likely to change in the coming weeks. One of my little ones had stunning blue eyes much longer than his siblings, his eyes didn’t change until several weeks after his brother and sister. He now has lovely green eyes 💚

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, the eyes most likely will change. All kittens start out that way. She will keep her grey coloring though. Solid grey is somewhat unusual, I don't see many around here anyway. My Burt was a blue and white he was beautiful. (in my avatar) All cats carry the tabby gene (stripes) even solids, like grey and black. They show up in bright sunlight. Bobbie is beautiful! Welcome to our site!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Soer313

Born to be wild!!!!
Kitten
Purraise
Welcome :) Bobbie is lovely! She is no particular breed however, she is a domestic short hair (DSH) blue and white (blue = grey in cat terms) bi colour. I love her little mittens!
She won’t lose the colouring in her fur, she does have some ghost markings (tabby stripes) on her body in picture 2, these will probably fade as she matures but she will still be blue and white.

How old is she? Her eyes could well stay that colour, however they are likely to change in the coming weeks. One of my little ones had stunning blue eyes much longer than his siblings, his eyes didn’t change until several weeks after his brother and sister. He now has lovely green eyes 💚
Thank you so very much for the information! It is interesting that Grey is called blue and white! And oh yes, we absolutely love her little mittens too! Our daughter said the name mittens was too cliche so she gave Bobbie the unspoken middle name Glove 😆
She just turned 6 weeks on Saturday. Her mother had abandoned her at 4 weeks so we are teaching her litter box and such.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Soer313

Born to be wild!!!!
Kitten
Purraise
Yes, the eyes most likely will change. All kittens start out that way. She will keep her grey coloring though. Solid grey is somewhat unusual, I don't see many around here anyway. My Burt was a blue and white he was beautiful. (in my avatar) All cats carry the tabby gene (stripes) even solids, like grey and black. They show up in bright sunlight. Bobbie is beautiful! Welcome to our site!
Your Burt was absolutely adorable!

I'm glad you pointed out the stripes. We see Bobbie's very faintly in the light. So if they carry the tabby genes, does this make her a Domestic Short Hair Tabby?

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes it would. But that would include all cats, so they usually leave off the tabby. She would be known as a blue and white domestic short hair, or a blue and white DSH. Kittens that don't have their mother or siblings between the ages of 6-12 weeks do not learn cat manners and how to play nice. If she gets too rough in her play, make sure you say OWW loud, or NO. You don't want her to become a bully! It depends on her personality. Many cats do just fine. She is a baby though and needs instruction. All the luck!

Meowmee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We welcomed our little Bobbie to our tribe just 2 days ago! She has been such a little sweetheart that we didn't know we needed until we had her. I myself am new to the concept of different cat breeds and such as I have always been a dog person.

Based on her photos, what type of cat is she? Will she lose this incredible gray coloring in her hair and her eyes? I am absolutely in love with the intense stare of her gorgeous gray eyes. At what age will her hair texture begin to change? She is just too cute! Thanks everyone!
What a precious baby… she looks like a dsh domestic shorthair blue bicolor, and she looks like she has a tuxedo pattern too. Her eyes are still blue so she may be about 7-8 weeks maybe. My Angie kept her blue eyes longer than many kittens and then they turned bright emerald green over time.
Her hair is kitten fuzz, it will change over time, it should thicken a bit maybe and be less fuzzy. The tabby markings, all cats have them, but they aren’t always visible depending on what genes they inherited for color. In kittens they can fade or get stronger, it looks to me like she’s probably going to be a solid, but it will be interesting to see what happens.

She really has the art of relaxing while looking adorable purrfected 😻

Last edited: