Our Kess has passed...

hikkyburp

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Cookandcompany-thanks for your kind comments. McCoy was diagnosed with a slight murmur before I met him at 8 wks old. I was told it might go away. He and his brother with the healthy heart loved to run around until they were exhausted. When the murmur hadn't gone away at 2, the vet said the options were to put him on extremely expensive medication, a heart transplant, or low dosage aspirin twice a week. He said it was hard to tell how long McCoy would live and that the realistic option was the apirin which I did religiously. I also with brushed his teeth regularly since he couldn't be anesthetized for dental work with the cardiomyopathy. I didn't see any changes in him until the last day, but I didn't have any idea what he was eating, drinking, etc. due to the cat flap, big feeder and pet fountain. He seemed perfectly ok when I woke up an hour before and he climbed on me for his morning love session.

From what the vets have told me and what I've read about feline cardiomyopathy, I'm not sure you can, within reason, do much about it in many cases. Even if it is caught early. Except, to give them a good life and be thankful for their part in our lives.

To be forced to put your loved one down on such short notice is a real toughy. A mean, dirty trick! Here's to brighter days!

gilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So sorry to hear about Kess
My thoughts are with you.

RIP little Kess

KitEKats4Eva!

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh dear that is terribly sad news. I am so sorry for you and your beloved Kess, and what an awful way for this to happen. I hope very much that he didn't suffer too much in the end. We just adore our kitties so much and it is utterly heartbreaking to lose them at all, especially so young and unexpectedly. You poor darlings sending huge hugs your way. I hope you can stay strong and cherish your memories of your beautiful Kess. I am sure his spirit will be with you always.