Organization works to control exploding cat population

ellie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi Linda,

I have two traps that I would like to donate to an TNR group. Do you know of any in the Southern Md area that could use them? I doubt if I will use them anymore and though someone could put them to good use. I also have a dog crate for a mediun size dog I would like to donate.

Ellen

jetttta

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
TNR,
Thanks for the resources.
Is there anyone in the Denver metro area that may be able to lend a humane trap to round up mom and 3 kittens?

thanks

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tnr1

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by jetttta

TNR,
Thanks for the resources.
Is there anyone in the Denver metro area that may be able to lend a humane trap to round up mom and 3 kittens?

thanks
Yup...here you go:

http://www.rmaca.com/index.html

Don't know if they will round up the mom and kittens..but you can certainly ask them for assistance.

Katie

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tnr1

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I believe it is still in trials for male dogs only.

Katie

ellie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by TNR1

Hey Ellen....I'm Katie...I don't know if Linda posts here as much..but you can contact her at:

http://www.pgferals.org/

Katie
Katie,

Sorry for calling you Linda, but I did mean to write to you. Do you happen to know of anyone? I wanted to ask Linda also, thanks for her address.

Ellen

linda_of_pgff

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Ellie

I have two traps that I would like to donate to an TNR group. Do you know of any in the Southern Md area that could use them? I doubt if I will use them anymore and though someone could put them to good use. I also have a dog crate for a mediun size dog I would like to donate.
Hi Ellen, Katie (
) and All,

There's Throwaways, I think that's the name of the group, that took on the Pope's Creek colony TNR project some time ago. I am not sure exactly how to get in touch with them -- I can try to find time to look through my notes and old emails. I'm sure they would welcome trap and crate donations. The Coalition of Feral Cat Caretakers might too, I bet. My group would be happy to take them off your hands too, of course! ;-) We have caretakers around Southern Maryland. Donations can be dropped off during our orientation sessions in Forestville MD if folks alert me to be ready to handle them.

Are you remembering that you'll want to borrow a trap now and then in the future in case you have to get professional vet care for a colony cat?

Best,
Linda