Organ Sources

cprcheetah

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So I have been having a really hard time finding anything but Liver locally for my dog and she is just about out of the beef kidney I had from a while back, and since I am starting Munchie on raw I am going to need more, so I am probably going to have to resort to ordering the other organs online.  Are there any good sources that don't charge $100 for shipping? 

peaches08

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This may not be much help, but I can't source organs locally either. I use Nutricology Immoplex Glandular supplements instead. I figure that it's better than nothing. LDG uses individual glandular supplements for some of her kitties.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cprcheetah

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This may not be much help, but I can't source organs locally either. I use Nutricology Immoplex Glandular supplements instead. I figure that it's better than nothing. LDG uses individual glandular supplements for some of her kitties.
How much do you give a day?

peaches08

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I make minimum 3 lb batches, so 1 pill per lb.

cprcheetah

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank-you.  I have been googling like mad and found a couple places who *may* supply kidneys in my area, so I am going to call on them tomorrow to find out for sure.  I will be very happy if I can get them locally without having to pay shipping.  I wouldn't mind using the glandulars though too. 

goingpostal

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Since you are feeding a dog too have you tried asking the grocery stores and butchers if they can order in cases for you?  My store never stocks kidney but I can get it in bulk if I ask.  Otherwise mypetcarnivore or haretoday are good, I order from the latter and it's about $30 shipping.

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I haven't been able to source organs locally. In fact, there are a number of things I like to feed the cats I can't find locally, so I order from Hare Today every 6 to 8 weeks or so. In Utah, I think you can do 3-day shipping year round with extra ice packs - IF it comes to that. I order 50 pound boxes, and it adds about $0.50 (a little less) to the cost per pound. They have an amazing selection of stuff... JUST in case, it's http://www.hare-today.com

MyPetCarnivore is closer to you (Gary, IN based), but their shipping is still pretty expensive.

Another option is searching for local farms and contacting them: http://www.eatwild.com

cprcheetah

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So I found a local source through the eatwild website.  They won't have anything until Feb 20th, but that's an option, they have lamb and beef kidneys.  Waiting to hear back from another source that has pork, beef and lamb kidneys. 

ETA: After visiting every grocery store and talked to the butchers and visiting a couple of butcher only places today, I got frustrated.  But I did get in touch with the farm who will have some kidneys available the end of February, then I got in touch with another gal who does beef, lamb and pork organs as well as rabbit organs some times.  I am a VERY happy girl.  I was getting worried there for a minute.

Last edited: