Opinions On Breed ?

Bobby87

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
image.jpeg image.jpeg My friends cat recently had kittens with a stray cat father to the best of her knowledge her cat is a Bengal I decided to make one of the kittens the newest member of my family I've had cats my whole life but this kitty is different than all of them she is very talkative she begs for table food like a dog she seems to crave vegetables and goes crazy for tomatoes which seems strange to me lol anyway we call her little :) thanks for any input

Last edited:

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
The coloring is quite unusual for a moggie. The pattern less usual too. So I do believe its this "bengal" whom is the father. The question is if its bengal for real, or a bengal look alike... I wouldnt think the bengal rosettes detoriates so quickly. (and if its a spotted bengal - the spots detoriates so quickly).

So my guess the father is a half bengal, really. The grandson would have these here markings. No longer visibly bengal markings, but still visibly unusual for a moggie.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
ps. a) how is the momma looking?
b) do you have a pic on the bengal - probable father?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Bobby87

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My friends cat,The mom ,is Bengal that's what she was told when she got her years ago although she is on the small side from other bengals I've seen the dad cat was a stray and we have no clue what he looks like her cat is an indoor cat got out one time and got pregnant

Bobby87

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I'm trying to get ahold of my friend to send me a pic but I've seen her dozens of times and fairly certain she is Bengal

Bobby87

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
ps. a) how is the momma looking?
b) do you have a pic on the bengal - probable father?
My friends cat,The mom ,is Bengal that's what she was told when she got her years ago although she is on the small side from other bengals I've seen the dad cat was a stray and we have no clue what he looks like her cat is an indoor cat got out one time and got pregnant

Sorry I'm new to this forum still getting use to it just wanted to make sure you could see my reply and can't figure out how to delete a post :/

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Aha, I did misread. So its not the father of your kitten whom is a perhaps bengal, its the father of the momma whom is perhaps bengal.

But my analysis stands in the essential. Momma is a half bengal with a father whom is bengal, and your kittens is a quart bengal - exactly as I guessed...

Spotted tabby is a dominant gene, so it will take over most other genes and looks... That is why even a grandchild has some looks of a bengal, but the rosettes are detoriated now into more normal spots.

Bobby87

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Aha, I did misread. So its not the father of your kitten whom is a perhaps bengal, its the father of the momma whom is perhaps bengal.

But my analysis stands in the essential. Momma is a half bengal with a father whom is bengal, and your kittens is a quart bengal - exactly as I guessed...

Spotted tabby is a dominant gene, so it will take over most other genes and looks... That is why even a grandchild has some looks of a bengal, but the rosettes are detoriated now into more normal spots.
Ok awesome that makes total sense I just curious thank you

Bobby87

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Just go to the three lines under your post and one of the options is edit you should be able to delete from there. Hope that helps, Bobby 87.
I hit the three lines and the options I get are flag and edit. When I hit edit and delete it it says error sorry