One Year Old Cat Diarrhea And Vomiting Food Back Up

Kenji-coco29

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I'll be calling my vet tomorrow but in the meantime i feel like i have to write this down. I'm super worried about my cat. She seems happy and healthy otherwise (she plays and eats well). But once a week or so she'll have a diarrhea episode. Her normal poop isn't as hard as it used to be but it isn't diarrhea either. Yesterday we saw her throw back up food. I should also mention her diarrhea happens outside the litter box and that she was spayed two months ago. I don't know whether she has a simple stomach issue that can be solved with medication or if this is something worse. I'm wondering if anyone else has had such experience like this? I would love to hear about it.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Sensitive tummy maybe? Ask the vet about the possibility of food intolerance and gastrointestinal issues. What are you feeding your cat? Chicken, grains, and fillers are common triggers of tummy issues.

duckpond

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Could be a tummy issue, could be a food issue. I think sometimes its fairly hard to figure out.

First thing i would do is have a good vet check. Make sure there is no physical problem. If they rule all of that out you may try a different brand of food, a different protein? Look for something that is quite different than what she eats? Or see if you vet recommends something?