One Year Ago

bmmac

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I lost my cat Pretty to bladder cancer.

I've several times over the past few days to post this but cry too hard everytime I just click on this forum.

She was just 12 years old when I lost her, I thought we would still have so many more years together. Totally healthy all her life.

She'll be in my heart always.

Beth

stampit3d

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It is so hard to lose a precious little friend...I`m sorry for your loss of Pretty.
Was she your only fur baby? Have you gotten another since then? While I realize that getting another will NOT replace the one you lost....it really does help to ease the pain to have another to love. Our hearts are big enough to include love for many people and fur-people....new ones always seem to find their own place in our lives...while we still can hold dear those we have lost.
Linda

sbw999

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
so sorry bmmac...cats are part of our family.......
it hurts terribly to lose them

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

bmmac

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Linda, I did get another fur-baby. I wasn't sure I could at first, didn't want to go through everything I did with losing Pretty again. After a few months I did though because I also realized how much I missed having a kitty around. Thanks for your post.

Beth

ginnyp

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Beth, it seems like losing a friend at special times of the year, like over the holidays, is especially difficult. I'm sure the memories come back stronger than they might otherwise. I just lost my little friend, Candy, between Christmas and New Years. She was also healthy her whole life, but when her kidneys started failing, my vet said not much could be done. Like you and Pretty, Candy will always be in my heart. I know how you feel.

I'm glad you could get a new kitty. I hope to as well. I think the joys outweigh the pain.

Ginny

booktigger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
RIP little one. I am sure she is looking down on you and praying for you not to be sad, as she is now free from pain. I hope having another furbabe has helped ease the pain.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Beth, I am so sorry for your loss. I lost my Molly a little over a year ago and I understand what you are going though. I also go through periods of time where I can not come into this forum without breaking down. I am glad you adopted another cat, although this kitty will never replace Pretty in your heart.

RIP Pretty.

beckiboo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Condolences on the loss of Pretty. It is so hard when they go suddenly, isn't it? Rest in peace, Pretty!