Noticable difference after only the first day of raw feeding

dan138zig

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I just started raw feeding my kitten this morning (about 12 hours ago). And I don't know if it's just my feeling, but I notice that:

1. He's losing interest of kibbles.
2. He's more active. More enthusiastic in chasing his favorite rubber mouse.
3. His stool is fewer than usual. About 40% less. I don't know about the smell because I always hold my breath when cleaning the litter box

4. He hasn't drank any water.

What do you think about that? Are those changes really happen from the first day?

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You're possibly just watching him too closely
If he's satisfied from the raw food then not being interested in kibble is normal.

Seeming more active is probably a coincidence. Stool-wise - I wouldn't make any judgements yet. It might be more that a change of diet has stopped him up a little, and may be working on a big one for you

Drinking less water is possible if he's gone from an all dry diet to a raw diet since there's more moisture in raw. He should still be drinking water though, and probably is, but you haven't seen it.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by dan138zig

I just started raw feeding my kitten this morning (about 12 hours ago). And I don't know if it's just my feeling, but I notice that:

1. He's losing interest of kibbles.
2. He's more active. More enthusiastic in chasing his favorite rubber mouse.
3. His stool is fewer than usual. About 40% less. I don't know about the smell because I always hold my breath when cleaning the litter box

4. He hasn't drank any water.

What do you think about that? Are those changes really happen from the first day?
1. Possible many on a raw diet go off commercial quickly

2. He is happy ...

3. This is not actually possible yet.... Stools will change over the next few days to a week .... Often getting bigger first.... Smell will lessen over the next week.

4. Sarah said it very well