not wanting 2nd meal of the day

quickbeam

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hey, we have been raw feeding our boys since last year. They have 3 meals a day, one at 6am, one at 5.00ish when we are back from work and one at 10pm before bed. Recently my oldest boy (Data, nearly 2 years old) has stopped eating his 5pm meal. He has a voracious appetite at breakfast and at his last meal but turns his nose up at the 2nd meal. Should we be worried? We rotate our proteins so he is offered different meats at the 5pm feed which he will then happily eat at the other times.
He used to be overweight but has now slimmed down and is very active.

Should we cut him down to two meals a day? Our other boy (Geordi) is only 10 months old and has a hearty appetite all the time so if Data was hungry at the 5pm feed he could eat what Geordi was eating.

vball91

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
How much are you feeding him (in ounces)? I wonder if you should trying cutting down on his meal sizes a little? I personally prefer a 3 times a day feeding schedule over 2. 16 hours is a long time to go between meals.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

quickbeam

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
He has 1.7 ounces per meal based on the catcentric guidelines

vball91

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
So 5.1 oz daily? That seems on the high side for an adult. How much does he weigh?

ritz

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'd stick with three meals if you can, maybe smaller meals, depending on his weight.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

quickbeam

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
He is 11 pounds but very lean and very active. Hes started eating normally again now but I will keep tabs. Thank you for you responses!