Not sure where to put this...

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
No laughing ... I need to know how to socialize my Zoey... she is very well mannered and loves everything ( she hunts the bugs and carries them but wont kill)... I want to know if any of you take them places for this purpose??

sashacat421

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Zoey sounds like a little love. Do you mean she is isolated from other kitties?
Do you want to have other kitties? most kitties are not pack animals and are hard-wired for a great deal of solitude and independence. Is she happy -? It seems so! If you mean socialized to humans, just a few caring fols over your house on a reular basis will be fine, but if it's other kitties and she's not an outdoor girl where she will meet them in natural circumstances, I don't know what to tell you but get a nother kitty??!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
sorta .. she like dogs alot... she convinced the dog next dog to dig a hole just big enough for her to fit through... so she could visit ... Hus daddy found it and filled it in via a brick and wood... Zoey has a dog sister and a cranky 17 yr old cat who likes to hiss and chase...( that is Kandies idea of a game)

Zoey is so social that I want to put her in doggy daycare.. Am I insane??

scamperfarms

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I take mine to petsmart in their sherpa bag.

Of course Dutchy who has been at this trip stuff for three years now. Has a car seat in the front seat, and she sits on my shoulder with her harness and leash on. sadly Loki broke her harness so we have to get a new one..

purr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think it's a good idea. I've been thinking about it as well! There are people who take their kids out to socialize and have groups of parents get together so their kids can play, so why not cats? Cupid is an only child, but I think he'd like cat-play, especially if he gets to come back to his home and doesn't have to share me.

I've been thinking about looking for people close to me (but I live in a small town) who want to get together once a week or so for kitty play time. The woman who owns the company I buy my cat food from has offered to let us come down there and visit. She has a really nice play area for her cats, but she lives 2 hours away.

You don't happen to live in Texas, do you?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
nope Idaho

elizwithcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Purr

I think it's a good idea. I've been thinking about it as well! There are people who take their kids out to socialize and have groups of parents get together so their kids can play, so why not cats? Cupid is an only child, but I think he'd like cat-play, especially if he gets to come back to his home and doesn't have to share me.

I've been thinking about looking for people close to me (but I live in a small town) who want to get together once a week or so for kitty play time. The woman who owns the company I buy my cat food from has offered to let us come down there and visit. She has a really nice play area for her cats, but she lives 2 hours away.

You don't happen to live in Texas, do you?
Cats aren't dogs. Introducing cats takes a long time, and most cats would growl and hiss when they meet.
Why not just get Cupid a companion? Then they can be introduced properly.
By the way, I read your post on cat psychic saying Cupid wants to be the only cat, but LOL-do you seriously believe that people communicate with cats and know what cat are saying? That TV show on pet pshychic alwasy cracked me up. When she was "talking" to this animals, most of them wouldn't even look at the lady. And I am supposed to belive she is communicating with them?

purr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, she knew a lot of things about him and I never told her anything. She just came out and said he's a Sphynx--how would she know that?
Even if she was just really, REALLY lucky, I know my cat well enough to know he would not be happy with a companion.

I thought about starting a Cat Day Care here, but I didn't even think about them not liking it. Good thing I decided people around here wouldn't pay for it.

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Kitty cat care would be extremely risky. You would have to be able to read their body language before a full-fledged war broke out-which would be often. Unlike dogs, you cannot easily control cats, especially other people's cats. I get a sense that you are projecting what your cat feels, perhaps prompted by the pet psychic, but most cats are content to stay home and just be cats. Some cats will travel well, but usually when you start them out as kittens traveling and not just suddenly decide- "Hey, let's go traveling!"