Not 100% on what breed he is!

harleybhoy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi, got our little guy Harley 16 days ago and we don't know much about him as the owners pretty much just wanted the money then showed us out, the mother was a greyish blue short haired cat and all kittens resembled our kitten. We took him to the vet about 10 days after we got him thinking he was 9 weeks and ready for his first vaccinations but the vet told us that he's a boy and younger than we think (we were told it was a female!) The first picture is from today at what we think is now between 8-9weeks and the rest are from day one till now. From what I've looked up he resembles a Norwegian Forrest cat, Siberian and Maine coon, mixed with his mothers breed of course. his characteristics from what I can gather most resemble the Norwegian and when mentioned to the vet he didn't disagree.
He's not very photogenic but he has a fun loving, energetic and playful personality and loves attention.
Thanks in advance for any help.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
We must wait as yet to see what breed he resembles most.  He perhaps even wont keep his fur - it may be kitten fuzziness.

Especially as you say momma is a shorthair, and all littermates did looked as him.    so its physically impossible all wold be longhair...

Half - yes, if daddy was longhair and momma a longhair carrier.

Momma is gray-blue, and its is diluted black. She carriers the black gene, and have a diluting gene too. So its nothing peculiar with kittens whom are black. But The diluting gene disapperared somwheree...  Are you sure NONE of the littermates was grey?

His eyes seems still baby blue, as blue eyes in black cats is rare.  Also, he looks youngish.  I dont think he is 9 weeks on this first photo. 6 weeks perhaps by my guess.  

So they sold him really young, barely learned to eat on his own, not really weaned yet...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

harleybhoy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
His fur has changed quite a bit in the past week he has a thick undercoat with another Coat which is longer on top, I'll provide a picture of his belly. We were the first to view the kittens after they were put online and all of them were the same looking and fur wise the only difference was some had white patches.the vet even said he was a little underweight but in a week he has put On enough weight as he got his vaccinations today so must be of age and size no? His eyes are changing into more of a green at this point the blue eyes are picture from his first few days here. He cried on the way to ours but once he was here he calmed down and was friendly and playful with us straight away. It took 22 hours for him to eat anything and it was some kitten kibble he choose from a few options and had no problem with it and from then he has gone on to canned food for kittens and the kibble he didn't use the litter tray for 3 days and then he just walked into it and hasn't went anywhere else since. We have 2 scratching posts for him one a simple pole with a ball on top and the other a 3-tier tower which he has no difficulty on either and a very strong grip and bite on his toys. Fast and can climb over 6ft easily he eats a lot and communicates well and is very happy and content.
Just want to know what he is to give him the best care. Thanks

harleybhoy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks I just looked up bombays and chantilly tiffanys and the chantilly is the most similar I've seen coat wise! Lots of long grey hair covering the outercoat and the hair on the tip of the ears.

iluvlilpaws

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
If he continues not to eat very well on his own, I would mix KMR in with his kitten wet food. That'll also help him put on weight. Best of luck with your new furbaby!

harleybhoy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
He eats great now it was the first days he didn't now he lets us know when he's hungry and gets 4 small meals per day and as much kibble as he wants he's good with it and doesn't over eat it and is putting weight on at a steady pace as not to get him fat.