No way to treat your cat.

stevenboots

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
There is a utube movie showing people putting a cucumber on the floor near their unsuspecting cat. The cat turns around and sees the cucumber and jumps as if frightened and runs away. It appears to genuinely frighten the cat. I simply don't see the funny part in this. I see it as a way to cause your cat to not trust you. I would not do that to Boots. What do you think?

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

There is a utube movie showing people putting a cucumber on the floor near their unsuspecting cat. The cat turns around and sees the cucumber and jumps as if frightened and runs away. It appears to genuinely frighten the cat. I simply don't see the funny part in this. I see it as a way to cause your cat to not trust you. I would not do that to Boots. What do you think?
There was a thread about that right after the video came out http://www.thecatsite.com/t/309702/scaring-cats-with-cucumbers-cruel-trend

I think that most of us would agree with you. Deliberately scaring or startling an animal is just cruel. If you wouldn't do it to a child, don't do it to an animal. Sadly though, there are people who enjoy scaring their children as well.