Newborn kitten bleeding?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zara12345

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi! I found a newborn kitten in my university today. The mom seems to have given birth and disappeared leaving all her babies behind so he seems not more than a day old. All the kittens passed away except for one and he's quite responsive but we're trying to get our hands on some formula. Although I noticed that he's bleeding from his anus now. Not sure why?
We don't have any emergency vets in the area as we are in the suburbs so we have to wait till tomorrow morning to get to a vet.
Anyone knows what this means and what we can do? I understand his chances but we want to try everything we can. Pls help.
I have fostered before so I have some experience. Thank you.

IndyJones

Adopt don't shop.
Top Cat
Purraise
He needs a vet asap. The poor thing sounds like he has internal bleeding. Unfortunaly theres not much that can be done if you don't have the equipment for icu this can't be treated without intensive care and even then his chances aren't great.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Hi! I found a newborn kitten in my university today. The mom seems to have given birth and disappeared leaving all her babies behind so he seems not more than a day old. All the kittens passed away except for one and he's quite responsive but we're trying to get our hands on some formula. Although I noticed that he's bleeding from his anus now. Not sure why?
We don't have any emergency vets in the area as we are in the suburbs so we have to wait till tomorrow morning to get to a vet.
Anyone knows what this means and what we can do? I understand his chances but we want to try everything we can. Pls help.
I have fostered before so I have some experience. Thank you.
Re the bleeding I dont know much, and yeah, its probably serious.

Re formula. You know goats milk, in almost any form, is OK to use?

Also, human mother milk replacer can be used in a pinch. Just dilute less...

And pray.... If praying really helps may be discussed, but it will give YOU the strengh and bravery to endure whatever difficulties and hardships.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Zara12345

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Update: Echo, as we named him because of his fighting spirit and baby meows that we'll never forget, passed away on Sunday evening. We tried to keep him as warm and comfortable as we could but he didn't make it😥 Despite being with us for such a short amount of time he still managed to make his mark on us. He really was a warrior and fought even after his final breath🥺 We buried him next to his mommy and siblings so that they can be together now😔😔🤍🤍

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
I am so sorry for your loss. You did everything that you could for a little kitten who probably had a serious internal injury or condition which may have proved untreatable. He knew that you loved him and were caring for him in his brief time here.

When a kitten passes, we close the thread about of respect. If you would like to post a tribute to Echo in our Crossing the Bridge forum, you are welcome to do so.

Crossing the Bridge

Status
Not open for further replies.