New to rescue one year old foster sisters....are they pregnant?

Kellym9999

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi
So the rescue got a pair of one year old sisters. The person who dropped them at the shelter said he found them. They're friendly and in good shape so I'm not sure if that's true.
They're both pretty small. ( 6lbs and 7 lbs) I think one has pinking nipples ? What do you think?

Attachments

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Did you take them in? I would say a very good chance of pregnancy. Does the rescue want to go ahead and spay her, or let her have the litter?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Kellym9999

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Did you take them in? I would say a very good chance of pregnancy. Does the rescue want to go ahead and spay her, or let her have the litter?
I'm not sure. The spay appointment is not for another week. Yes, they're being fostered.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I'm not sure. The spay appointment is not for another week. Yes, they're being fostered.
Anyway, if they wish to spay, it can still be done. But the sooner the better. Next week its still doable, especielly if the vet is experienced one. But its not very nice...
The comfort is, with humans the baby may survive even if taken out halfways in the pregnancy, if the baby is healthy otherwise. At least, if the hospital has good neonatal resources.
But with cats a week before is the absolute maximum for them to have a chance of survival.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Kellym9999

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Anyway, if they wish to spay, it can still be done. But the sooner the better. Next week its still doable, especielly if the vet is experienced one. But its not very nice...
The comfort is, with humans the baby may survive even if taken out halfways in the pregnancy, if the baby is healthy otherwise. At least, if the hospital has good neonatal resources.
But with cats a week before is the absolute maximum for them to have a chance of survival.
Yeah I'm not sure what the rescue will want to do. For the cat I got 10 days ago. When I told them I thought she was pregnant they asked me to cancel the spay. Which turned out to be a good thing. Within a week she is very far along.